Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server
Go Back   Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server > General Discussion > Introductions
Reload this Page Resignation / farewell
Sign in to follow this  
Lumplum

Resignation / farewell

17 posts in this topic
Unread
  (#1)
Default Resignation / farewell - Friday 29th September, 2017, 04:08

Sadly it is time for me to go. These past few weeks have been quite tough for all of us and my inactivity in game was not helping. I would have rather resigned than to have our beloved staff manager (basically co-owner at this point), jbaikie, demote me. I do not wish to drag this out too long so I will be short and sweet.

Becoming part of the near-reality staff team has been a wonderful experience and I'm glad to have made it to the position I was. I could probably spend a good day or two writing a short essay on each staff and what they mean to me but i think that is useless because they already know how much I admire them. I'll throw in a few statements though;

Jbaikie:

Does alot more than some of you think, his rank is staff manager but hes a co-owner at heart. Hes staff manager not because hes been here for a long time, but we all trust and support his actions. Being this central pillar takes a lot of work, work that hes willing to do on his free time / on a daily basis. I could write so much more but he already knows how i feel ;)

Logic:

TqIEnYB.gif

talk shit? get hit. This guy isn't afraid to speak his mind and do it with confidence. Logic is quite a rare person because of his amazing personality. Going to miss seeing is manly beard. Always a great person to talk to and have fun with, logic would never let you down.

Posinlord:

tumblr_ona34jBzbT1udozn0o1_500.gif

This gif basically describes him, dont need to say much more. make a stupid suggestion? Get on his nerves? ask him to log in? this gif says it all! He will let you know clearly when hes sick of your shit, bored about something, or nod his head in disappointment about some stupid crap you said. But thats why i love posin, because of all these reasons. Such a great person to mess around with, you can never go wrong with him.

Imma kill you:

Really nice person, will be there in the times you need a friend. You dont need to ask for his help because he would have already known you are in pain or need some help. I found Imma kill you to be someone I could lean on and talk to because he is so close to me and everyone else. Never change my boi. No matter what rank you are now or in the future, you will always be a little itty bitty server support riding on papa plum's shoulders <3

Mamas:

Staff meetings are boring without him, he brings the joy out of all of us. A person who is responsible and fun to be around. Mamas loves to mess about and talk casually to everyone and make sure everyday is a great day. He has great communication skills and plays a big part on our updates and bug fixes, thanks for everything mamas!

Mithril:

A very fine looking boy who packs alot of "treasure in the back" if you know what i mean hueheuhe. I have never seen him being upset or mad at anyone. He takes life in with a smile and lives everyday like a fresh start. Its great to be around his positive aura and it makes you feel amazing knowing someone like him exists.

Sldmark:

I fear sldmark gets overlooked often. Because of his timezone i dont get to talk to him often, but he stays awake few times a week just to ask me how my day is going or how i am. A gentle soul who roams silently to watch and take care of everyone. I wish i could have talked to you more often!

Zachary:

A big community man. Everyone knows his name and loves him because of his bright personality and the fact he hosts loads of events. You really fit well when it comes to someone who can understand the feelings of the general public. It has always been in my best interest to talk to you about future updates because i know you have a great understanding of the community! 

Diddy:

This guy gets richer every day, i dont think i have ever seen diddy have a bank below 80b. You've got great passion and loyalty and I'm sure you can achieve anything you put your mind to.

Jase:

Havent talked to you as often but that didn't stop me from realizing how great you can be. A superb helper and active server support and you fit well for the position. Hopefully you can rise through the ranks in the future!

Zachery:

I got confused between you and Zachary so many times, but what I haven't been confused about is your personality. You have a bit of everything in you; Friendliness, compassion, unbreaking spirit, and more. I'm really glad to have met someone like you, but sad to let you go so fast as well ;(

----------------------As for the community------------------------

I dont know what others think of me and my days as staff. I've made lots of friends and enemies (mostly the people who i punish). As cliche as this sounds I didn't become staff because I wanted a power which proves me a more worthy person, i became staff because i felt like I could do much more in terms of help. With the tools i had while being staff i was able to to meet the demands of the people, assist them in areas where regular players cannot, and understand the struggles of someone who has been in your shoes as well.

The server has not been doing so well as many of you can see. Although from your eyes it seems like the staff team is not doing anything, trust me, they are doing EVERYTHING they can in their powers. Each and every single one of them still are strong and continue to log in and / or carry out their duties not matter how dark the future gets, because they have the will to do it as volunteer service.

Before I can leave i need to admit that i am being selfish and unworthy leaving now. Its not fair to the others and I have this great shame for leaving them all, and so I feel like I have failed the team. Looking at the way things are now I feared the worst and could not imagine seeing the day we all had pack our bags and move on because the server died. Its not fair for me to leave this early and escape this guilt so I hope the team will one day forgive me.

I ask nothing more or less of the community and the staff team but to enjoy your time here. There is ALWAYS a goodbye in terms of past 6+ years of rsps experience and you may never get to see some of these people again. So heres to everything all of us have achieved, 1500 players on startup, one of the best staff teams for a rsps, amazing bloodlust event, and of course being a part of NEAR-REALITY; a server name that goes way back into time and brings memories of the good old days and the days to come.

tenor.gif

farewell

Lumplum 6/13/2017 - 9/29/2017

Edited by Lumplum

Unread
  (#3)
Default Friday 29th September, 2017, 04:34

"Although from your eyes it seems like the staff team is not doing anything, trust me, they are doing EVERYTHING they can in their powers. Each and every single one of them still are strong and continue to log in and / or carry out their duties not matter how dark the future gets, because they have the will to do it as volunteer service."

I have no clue why everyone always talks about the staff team doing/not doing anything, when they should be talking about the owner/dev of the server. It doesn't matter what the staff team does if the owner/dev keep ignoring the game.

Edited by Aznfightah

Unread
  (#4)
Default Friday 29th September, 2017, 05:08

Lum, I hope to god I can be half the Staff member you were. You've got an undeniable amount of talent and I really hope you come back to us one day.

Miss you already,

Zach

Unread
  (#8)
Default Friday 29th September, 2017, 09:41

I think we only interacted with each other once, but it was a very pleasant experience. Hate to see you leave. Best of luck! 

Unread
  (#10)
Default Friday 29th September, 2017, 18:38

sad day :( hope to se you around some eaven if only now and then unthil you come back for full. :)