Enter in this month's lottery to WIN a PS4/XBOX ONE!
Sabz

Toxic players to the Rebuild of NR

31 posts in this topic
Unread
  (#1)
Tuesday 31st October, 2017, 22:10

@Sabz

add yourself to that list seeing your previous reply right before mine

Edited by wtf 69

Unread
  (#3)
Tuesday 31st October, 2017, 22:59

@Sabz The toxicity here is not what has killed the server. For as long as I can remember, toxic people have always been around and I for one have been influenced by it. Despite being toxic you'll find that I can be serious and mature if needed be. 

Near-reality, and private servers in general have risen and fallen for different reasons, but toxicity and children flaming was never one of them. Toxicity has ALWAYS been a part of the rs and the rsps community, and actually the gaming community overall. League of legends, call of duty, all of the great games and none of them disappeared because someone told us to go fuck ourselves or something like that. 

To some, including me, being toxic is a part of the game. It's a part of the fun. It's simply more entertaining to play this way, although I see how it's disrespectful and sad for those that do not enjoy it. 

This server has many flaws, but the toxicity here is not greater than that of which we find in any other video game. It's at the average level where it needs to be. 

Some reasons for the server failing can be:

1. An inactive owner.

2. No or too little advertising.

3. Updates that the players do not want, such as the accuracy update which literally halfed our playerbase in just a few days.

4. Promises and deadlines that are not kept.

5. No tempting content aka dead content such as a lot of the bosses.

6. Updates are pushed out like twice a month, maybe 3. 

To be fair, one thing that really tempts me and others to play this game is the fact that it is possible to cash out. That, and well, I've been with NR since 2011. I guess the name just makes this game so much more appealing to me due to nostalgia. 

I can honestly understand why some players find the server pretty fucking boring. The pkp store is boring, the EP store is boring, there is no pking scene whatsoever, pvming is grindy as fuck, there is a lack of players which dissatisfies new players (I know, this is basically an infinite negative spiral that is not fixed in a day), and if I was to sit down and spend 1 hour writing down every reason this server is failing, I can assure you the list would just go on and on and on.

There are sooooo many reasons for this server not reaching it's glory days like it used to, and I honestly believe toxicity is not one of them, and even if it was it would be the least of this server's problems.

And you know, there is a difference between being toxic and complaining. 

If every player here was the same, easy to please, never complained, never had any wishes, never spoke out about what's wrong and what's right, then how the hell would the server ever improve? There's always need for bitchy whiny 12 year olds, because they put things in a different perspective for us. If no one gives us any critique we have nothing to strive for, no one to attempt to please, nothing to work for. 

Edited by Rytur

Unread
  (#4)
Tuesday 31st October, 2017, 23:18

@@Sabz with all respect due you come here and judge how people act but you have no real idea of the history of the servers, you say theses people are toxic but you have no idea how many suggestion, content , and things that they've done and you have no clue of who Will the owner is. Yes we judge people but we atleast have an idea of who they are and facts.

im showing you a few of my thread and there is tons of others threads that theses others players have made and i can assure you theses guys have given consructive feedback and were constructive on the forum. You want to do your rant? Since you're new.. idc if you were a veteran before but your new from this near reality go check every of their post that they've made and see if it does add up to their word.

There is positivist and there is denying the truth but it does not change the facts

Edited by wtf 69

Unread
  (#5)
Wednesday 1st November, 2017, 12:42

I don't disagree with any of those reasons why the server is in the shape it is.

My point is that being toxic is not helping that issue, there is a difference between being toxic and making suggestions. It's all about delivery.

My observation from ingame is where comments like the ones in the OP are made newer players dont stick around. One of the ways NR gets out of its rut is to get more players. More players equals more server excitement, more votes, and hopefully more player input into updates, and more frequent updates. 

But if the toxic comments keep the new players away, the server will hold steady with the old timers around and thats about it.

I used to play NR back in '11-'14 as well, I remember how busy and active it was, back then I found very few toxic players. 

Its just something to be aware of how what you say comes across. 

Unread
  (#6)
Wednesday 1st November, 2017, 13:20

@Sabz To be very blunt here, I cannot disagree with the players who tell others that they should quit, especially the new ones. The new players don't deserve the disappointment of this game, and the server doesn't deserve to get more players. That's just the harsh truth. I'm not going to lie to every player I meet, telling them the game is amazing and that they should stay because we have awesome developers, staff members, good content etc. Because we don't, and I know that they will be just as disappointed as the rest of us within a weeks time. 

Everyone knows that Will is a pretty shit owner, and although the developers here are not bad at coding, the team is doing the bare minimum to keep the server alive. I'd honestly rather have the server shut down than let it keep up like this because this is just discusting. If we can see activity from Will and the developers, pushing out more updates and improving on the content that we already have (because we got a whole bunch of content, it's all just dead as fuck), then I'd love to tell players this server is worth playing. I started in the UN for a reason, but it seemed the UN rank was useless and the un team is pretty much dead because none of the content that we have discussed was ever implemented and honestly we were just as powerless as the regular player. 

My point is, why should we tell players the server is good and worth playing if it isn't? If some new guy creates an account and asks ''Hi is this server good?'' I sure as hell ain't going to say yes, and yes, I could keep my mouth shut, but in most cases I would just be honest with him and tell him exactly how it is. If that's going to make me toxic so be it, I don't care, at least I'm being honest with myself and others.

Unread
  (#7)
Wednesday 1st November, 2017, 16:08

The new players don't deserve the disappointment of this game, and the server doesn't deserve to get more players.

Well said.

Unread
  (#8)
Wednesday 1st November, 2017, 19:34

If you feel like what was said in the quotes above is accurate, then I would suggest that you go, and take the toxic attitude with you... nothing you have said is helping the server at all and is actually causing what you are complaining about.. 

If you feel like sabotaging the server entirely and not even allowing people to try it out or enjoy the game as it is, why not just leave and dont come back. 

Because you are dissapointed by Will and the server you are ruining the game for all other players and potential players out of spite. That seems very pety when you can just forget and move on, there is definately something more productive you could do with your time...

Personally I really don't mind the game as it is, of course more players is the only thing that stands out to me as an important change to the game

Edited by Sabz

Unread
  (#9)
Thursday 2nd November, 2017, 00:15

Thank you for posting this Sabz. I think how all of us players communicate in-game is very important and can have an impact on others.

I understand that a lot of people are frustrated; every week I have multiple people venting (aka suggesting improvements) to me. The other members of our wonderful staff team also have similar experiences.

This is not a bad thing. IMO, it is great. If the playerbase didn't care, they wouldn't say anything.

why should we tell players the server is good and worth playing if it isn't?

I think this is very subjective. There are lots of improvements to be made, and they are in the process of being implemented.

Lots of big updates to look forward to in the near future.