Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server
Go Back   Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server > General Discussion > General Discussion
Reload this Page Toxic players to the Rebuild of NR
Sabz

Toxic players to the Rebuild of NR

31 posts in this topic
Unread
  (#1)
Default Toxic players to the Rebuild of NR - Monday 23rd October, 2017, 16:09

Hello friends,

This is a bit of a rant about something that has been irritating me for the past couple weeks. 

For those of you that constantly complain about how dead the server is, please ask yourself what have you done to attempt to fix it?

From what I have seen ingame the only actions that have been done have probably scared off the new players that have joined to the game.

You might ask, how are these players scared away? From sentences like these, which appear ingame all of the time...

"Dhing Edge all come... 6 people dking edge all to edge... god this server is fucking dead..." 

"Why do you even bother playing this server is dead... nothing to do anyway" -older player tralking to new player/older player

"Selling dpins nrgp" -older player

'why are you cashing in, this server is going to die soon' -older player

-new players nearby

"Whats the best way to train rcing? It seems so slow." -new player

'Don't even waste your time, sever is dying anyway' -older player

"Wow don't you guys get bored just standing at trade all day?"  -new player

"Well server is dead so I'd be bored anyway" -older player

These are example of how we should not be acting in the server, we could gain new players by being helpful, friendly, encouraging them to have fun and play how ever they please. 

When we make comments like the ones above new players get the impression that the server has zero hope and is a total loss. Which it is most definitely Not...

So please think about how your actions affect our gaming community and it's ability to attract and retain new members.

If you feel like what was said in the quotes above is accurate, then I would suggest that you go, and take the toxic attitude with you... nothing you have said is helping the server at all and is actually causing what you are complaining about.

And a big shout out to those who are always reminding people to vote, hosting rewards for people to vote, and by being welcoming to the new players we have. There are a few, but we need more! 

Unread
  (#2)
Default Monday 23rd October, 2017, 17:05

I completely agree and I'm happy you posted this. The toxicity of players new and old saying the server is dying has a big impact on the game. It seems that people think we are stuck in the same place we were a month or two ago. Without a full time dev, an owner who a lot of people thought had given up on NR, and a shrinking player base, but since Jacmob has began investing more of his time into the server and with the addition of the beautiful @Cups we have seen player count slowly increasing across all hours of the day. We may not be exactly where we want to be, but we are making huge progress towards reaching those goals! The server isn't dying! Like all servers we have our ups and our downs. We hit a rough patch, we pulled through, and now we're on our way up!

Unread
  (#3)
Default Monday 23rd October, 2017, 17:13

Back to the top we go! I have also noticed an increase in players in the past week alone, the weekly QOL updates have done wonder so far! Now when all of our older players get their attitude in check nothing can stop us!

Big shoutout to @Cups

Excellent work you have done, keep it up its appreciated.

Unread
  (#4)
Default Monday 23rd October, 2017, 17:38

Yeah this is true, but I really think there are some things that staff could do to help this. Yes, Cups is doing an awesome job at keeping us with updates!

Unread
  (#5)
Default Monday 23rd October, 2017, 17:52

I definitely agree lol all i hear constantly is ''the server is dying'' and that mainly comes from people trying to cash out from nrgp to osgp it really does get annoying seeing as i would like NR to grow i try to help new people as best as i can so they actually feel welcome. 

Unread
  (#6)
Default Monday 23rd October, 2017, 17:57

"Wow don't you guys get bored just standing at trade all day?"  -new player

Ha! Only noob players will answer that question! Experienced Nr players will have an alt to sell and afk :P 

Unread
  (#7)
Default Monday 23rd October, 2017, 18:04

@Spearmark

You might be wrong with that statement, as I have seen some players I wouldn't consider noobs say that exact response.

Unread
  (#8)
Default Monday 23rd October, 2017, 18:05

@Sabz only jokes, most toxic players find there way to my ignore list so i never notice them lol. 

Unread
  (#9)
Default Monday 23rd October, 2017, 18:16

everyone is entitled to their opinions therefore we cannot put a muzzle on their mouths and restrict them from saying these things. Its a shame yes but its not a punishable offense. Its good you made this post since people can become more aware of their actions but if people start asking for mutes on these people then its just not really possible.

Thanks for sharing :)

Unread
  (#10)
Default Monday 23rd October, 2017, 18:19

Player number is increasing everyday! we reached 110 players online. 2 weeks behind we had around 70!