Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server
Go Back   Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server > General Discussion > Guides
Reload this Page Vorkath - Guide + Mechanics
vorkath

Vorkath - Guide + Mechanics

10 posts in this topic

Unread
  (#0)
Default Vorkath - Guide + Mechanics - Sunday 17th June, 2018, 21:36

Vorkath is out! One of the most mechanically fun bosses of OSRS and also my favourite - Can prolly tell by my name. 

Anyway, I have done a lot of Vorkath kills in OSRS and therefore thought I would make a quick guide to show how the mechanics works, as for someone who has never done Vorkath before it can be quite challenging. 

Overall the boss is easily doable once you have grasped the mechanics. 

In the first video you can see me killing Vorkath with Karils and magic short bow - Therefore high level gear is not required. 

Attack Styles and Mechanics: See video for demonstration

Blue Spheres: These attacks are magic attacks and can really really hurt. You should always use protect from mage to nullify this attack.

Spikes: These are range attacks and can do damage in the low 30's. It does not do as much damage as the magic attack therefore u can just tank it.

Melle: If you stand within range, Vorkath also attacks with melle. 

Fireball: Vorkath launches two fire-balls in the air both doing 50 damage each. Make sure to dodge this attack by moving or it can definitely 1hit K0.

Purple Flame: This is a basic dragon fire attack but shuts down your prayer. Make sure to switch yr prayer back on every time.

Freeze Attack: Again a basic dragon fire attack that freezes you. While you are frozen make sure to kill the vorkath spawn using crumble undead before it reaches you. Failing to do so can deal 50+ damange.  

Dragon Fire: Standard dragon fire that can be nullified completely by drinking dragon fire potion.

'Rapid-Fire-Cannon': This is where Vorkath lands poision patches on the floor and shoots rapid fire. If not avoided, this can kill you very very fast. It can be easily avoided by continuously moving until the end of the attack phase. Stepping on the poison patches also does damage. 

TIP: Always move between every attack to make it easier to dodge fireballs. Also turning off run helps to avoid the rapid fire attack with more efficiency. 

Video: Here's the video with various killing styles and different mechanics. I cut some parts in the first clip to make the video shorter. 

Edited by vorkath

Unread
  (#0)
Default Sunday 17th June, 2018, 22:13

Thank you for your guide! I hope you enjoyed the boss as much as a I did. I must admit what a challenging boss to code!

edit: I’m aware of some issues in killing the monster with melee. That will be fixed soon.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Sunday 17th June, 2018, 22:17

nice guide, vorkath killing vorkath tho, some vorkathception

Unread
  (#0)
Default Sunday 17th June, 2018, 22:25

I was going to make a guide but I wanted people to figure it out themselves first :P

Unread
  (#0)
Default Monday 18th June, 2018, 00:17

Nice guide and glad to have ur boss in the game :D

Unread
  (#0)
Default Monday 18th June, 2018, 00:48

very nice guide, ill still die though :)

Unread
  (#0)
Default Monday 18th June, 2018, 01:17

nice guide! pinned. :)

gotta admit, I wanted to figure it out without a guide. and I did. felt like Skill Specs for a bit there. getting it low and dying to the rapid phase. very challenging. cheers @Juan for the badass boss. and @vorkath for the guide. <3

Unread
  (#0)
Default Monday 18th June, 2018, 15:18

It seems only fitting that the player that has chosen the name Vorkath creates a Vorkath guide! This is a detailed guide that will help players tremendously. Vorkath is a lot of fun to fight, but it can also be quite frustrating. Keep up the great work!

Best wishes,

IKU