Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server
Go Back   Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server > General Discussion > Feedback > Suggestions
Reload this Page Rabbi's suggestion thread
rabbi

Rabbi's suggestion thread

16 posts in this topic
Unread
  (#1)
Default Rabbi's suggestion thread - Tuesday 7th August, 2018, 10:14

As a player of all the nr remakes and the actual one itself - I have a couple of suggests to help bring more players to us.

• don't do as many ::ffas - the concept of them are brilliant, they are made brilliantly but they are killing off the wilderness.
  • We need actual wild events - im not talking about big ones with big prizes. tell the players to pk at castles and people will come, tell them they could get blood keys/pvp drops/pkp - trust me they will come.
  • take away dds only duels - whilst I like the idea of this, the original nr had the biggest staking community ever and guess what? no dds only rules. The reason this will work is people with smaller banks won't go out and stake their entire bank because they have even chances at anyone - they will stick around, save for a lava or lime which will take time - giving us more players.
  • ::barrows drop rates - at the moment they are trash - a new player doesn't want to have to slave for an hour to get a barrows set. if they wanted to slave for barrows they will just go play osrs.
  • increase gano drops - guarantee at least 1 good drop - give someone a reason to sit in the wilderness for 20k hp. its not worth it at the moment for a 10m drop at the end.
  • ::di - add the spec restore altar back - whilst I like the monsters that have been moved to ::die from ::Dii - a spec restore will ultimately make more players think about paying only $25 for access to that. Bringing in more revenue and in turn more advertisements and more players.
  • remove waydar (temporarily) - Players (even myself time to time) will want to stake and if there is no one at the duel arena they will go straight there and dice away there money - rather than saving it to buy limes,lavas, pk gear. if there is no way of chucking away all there cash people might stick around and risk pk.
  • votes - add super rares at 800 vote points and allow people to trade vote tickets - we might be able to get a stable mini economy where a new play who just joins the server votes, sells the 7 tickets for say 35m and can then proceed to get some pk/pvm gear and stick around. also allowing the richest players opportunity to interact with lots of players and spread the wealth around.
  • ::di pins - I'm still to this day unsure why you made them were you can't buy and sell to the same player in 24 hours. If a player knows he can make real life money by pking/gano/staking etc that is an incentive to anyone surely?? I know it has an opposite effect aswell but if someone knows they can buy into the game easier people will do. people that buy osgp and get pins will do it either way so it doesn't really matter - the only effect is bringing more people to the game.

Let me know your feedback because at the end of the day I want this game to be a success and busy again. 

Cheers

Unread
  (#3)
Default Tuesday 7th August, 2018, 11:11
56 minutes ago, rabbi said:

tell the players to pk at castles and people will come

this never works long-term.

Anyway,  my thoughts about wilderness activity:

Back in the days when wildy was active, private servers existed because rs pking was removed. Nowadays you can just play the official private server (osrs). Add to this that most players are pvm bots and don't care about pking. The playerbase simply has changed, you can't force people into this mold. It is sad but it is what it is. You can keep trying to artificially keeping this thing alive if you want, but it's never going to thrive unless they manage to make a truly Great rsps with a proper wilderness economy, a kind of "circle of life" figuratively.

Edited by Aznfightah

Unread
  (#4)
Default Tuesday 7th August, 2018, 11:42

Support every point here, +1 buddy

Unread
  (#8)
Default Tuesday 7th August, 2018, 18:18

thanks for the feedback guys

Unread
  (#9)
Default Tuesday 7th August, 2018, 20:32