Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server
Go Back   Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server > Media > Off-Topic Discussion > Spam
Reload this Page e-kits thoughts
Sign in to follow this  
Zander

e-kits thoughts

18 posts in this topic
Unread
  (#1)
Default e-kits thoughts - Sunday 2nd December, 2018, 07:34

Anyone else feels like e-kits aren't really a good idea? 

In my opinion, there is nothing new to do... It's just additionally stats that shouldn't be in the game...

It would be so much better to get content like Avatar at ::die, update the slayer shop, wildy slayer duo/reducing the killcount, etc.

I feel like most people just voted yes to the polls since we didn't have an update for a long time.

Also, it's kinda like osrs where ppl just vote yes to anything on the voting poll booths. 

It would be much nicer if the update is new content that is something new to do. 

Instead of just testing out new items that are enhanced on monsters that we have been killing for a long time (too repetitive most ppl are tired of pvming) 

I doubt anything will come out of this thread so I put in the spam section

Just want to hear your serious thoughts regarding it. 

(Yes, I do know that we have this sort of stuff planned but I just don't really like the priorities regarding what to implement in the first game) (Also, maybe some of you think I'm negative but I'm just being realistic)

~zander

Edited by Zander

Unread
  (#2)
Default Sunday 2nd December, 2018, 08:53

As a pvper I voted no to the update, but with the pvmers in mind I support the idea as long as they disable the items in pvp.

With this new update, they are focusing on what the majority of the playerbase enjoys: Pvming. With these new items it will be possible to make harder bosses who require the enchanced gear to kill and so on. 

There's no point in even working on the pvp scene anymore, I personally quit the game because there is absolutely nobody in the wilderness despite the most valuable items in the game being obtained from wilderness npc's. Time to give the pvmers what they want and turn this into what it has always actually been... A pvm server. These new items... This new powercreep... Will be the foundation to continue with pvm-focused updates.

See Dreamscape as an example. They continously add bosses that are harder and harder, along with gear that gets better and better. They have absolutely no focus on the pvp scene because nobody on the server has an interest for pvping. (At least not back when I played in like... idk 2014-2015. My point is that server is or was fucking thriving off of pvmers just grinding their asses off for new gear on new bosses, then they release a new boss that drops even better gear and the chain just goes on and on. I mean technically I see it as a fucking scam, but the players love the grinding so its popular. 

Near-reality has the same kind of playerbase, and should do something similiar. 

Edited by Rytur

Unread
  (#3)
Default Sunday 2nd December, 2018, 10:06
2 hours ago, Zander said:

Anyone else feels like e-kits aren't really a good idea? 

In my opinion, there is nothing new to do... It's just additionally stats that shouldn't be in the game...

It would be so much better to get content like Avatar at ::die, update the slayer shop, wildy slayer duo/reducing the killcount, etc.

I feel like most people just voted yes to the polls since we didn't have an update for a long time.

Also, it's kinda like osrs where ppl just vote yes to anything on the voting poll booths. 

It would be much nicer if the update is new content that is something new to do. 

Instead of just testing out new items that are enhanced on monsters that we have been killing for a long time (too repetitive most ppl are tired of pvming) 

I doubt anything will come out of this thread so I put in the spam section

Just want to hear your serious thoughts regarding it. 

(Yes, I do know that we have this sort of stuff planned but I just don't really like the priorities regarding what to implement in the first game) (Also, maybe some of you think I'm negative but I'm just being realistic)

~zander

Imo, they can add it untill they add new boss, harder then others. cuz if they dont its will be even more easyscape. 

suggestion - add hard af boss in wildy. soo ppl go there with their e - kit. it will make pvp little bbit better. but not alot better

and pvp is shitty cuz, there isnt that much player base.

Unread
  (#4)
Default Sunday 2nd December, 2018, 10:40
34 minutes ago, Acme said:

Imo, they can add it untill they add new boss, harder then others. cuz if they dont its will be even more easyscape. 

suggestion - add hard af boss in wildy. soo ppl go there with their e - kit. it will make pvp little bbit better. but not alot better

Pvp is shitty because nobody enters wildy. Adding a new boss in wildy wont do anything, there are already 5 monsters out there that drop more valuable items than anything else in the game: Gano, Tekton, Demonic gorillas, Revenants (Cash drops) and Giant mole. You can go to these in the wilderness and see how there's absolutely nobody there, in very few cases maybe 1 guy in total. Now go to ::die or ::di and check out how many people are pvming there. 

My point is adding wilderness bosses clearly has no effect on the wilderness activity.

Edited by Rytur

Unread
  (#5)
Default Sunday 2nd December, 2018, 10:51
1 hour ago, Rytur said:

As a pvper I voted no to the update, but with the pvmers in mind I support the idea as long as they disable the items in pvp.

With this new update, they are focusing on what the majority of the playerbase enjoys: Pvming. With these new items it will be possible to make harder bosses who require the enchanced gear to kill and so on. 

There's no point in even working on the pvp scene anymore, I personally quit the game because there is absolutely nobody in the wilderness despite the most valuable items in the game being obtained from wilderness npc's. Time to give the pvmers what they want and turn this into what it has always actually been... A pvm server. These new items... This new powercreep... Will be the foundation to continue with pvm-focused updates.

See Dreamscape as an example. They continously add bosses that are harder and harder, along with gear that gets better and better. They have absolutely no focus on the pvp scene because nobody on the server has an interest for pvping. (At least not back when I played in like... idk 2014-2015. My point is that server is or was fucking thriving off of pvmers just grinding their asses off for new gear on new bosses, then they release a new boss that drops even better gear and the chain just goes on and on. I mean technically I see it as a fucking scam, but the players love the grinding so its popular. 

Near-reality has the same kind of playerbase, and should do something similiar. 

yah true 

That's why i made the wildy duo slayer for pvpers 

http://near-reality.org/forums/index.php?/topic/27363-wildy-duo-slayer/

I think would increase the wildy activity a lot if that were to be implemented

I'd rather have a new monster or slayer shop than all these new items it would be much so much fun doing something new with pvming.... Right now its just bunch of repetition (same monsters) that incentives afking since no 1 is interested in killing the same monster. That's why I really dont care about these e-kits atm

43 minutes ago, Acme said:

yah true 

Maybe after they implement the Avatar of destruction since they were talking about that

10 minutes ago, Rytur said:

Pvp is shitty because nobody enters wildy. Adding a new boss in wildy wont do anything, there are already 5 monsters out there that drop more valuable items than anything else in the game: Gano, Tekton, Demonic gorillas, Revenants (Cash drops) and Giant mole. You can go to these in the wilderness and see how there's absolutely nobody there, in very few cases maybe 1 guy in total. Now go to ::die or ::di and check out how many people are pvming there. 

My point is adding wilderness bosses clearly has no effect on the wilderness activity.

yah valid point. That is why again I would like wildy slayer improved a lot. Right now it's worse than doing regular slayer which doesn't make sense whatsoever.... It should be atleast 1.5x better than regular slayer so it incentive players to go out in the wildy to pvm which most likely will lead to more pkers

Unread
  (#6)
Default Sunday 2nd December, 2018, 11:55

Pros for enchantment kits are :

• Fairly unique content (for private servers in general)
  • stronger bosses might be added, (more necessary than ever), even with current gear barely any bosses are even 'hard'

Cons for enchantment kits are :

• potentially different content could've been added 
  • Power creep (in pvm)

I see this as opportunity rather than this being a pointless update. 

Also, seriously, stop with the suggestions of ::die, it's not even making anything better in any ultimate way. Stop making it pay to win, add more things to ::die and you won't see any new players. 

Where the server is currently going, at this time logged 50% of players logged on have donator status. It's not a good sign, it implies that the server is pay to win (like really, why would players donate money for no particular reason? compared to others) As a new player a reasonable thought would be - most players have donator status, there is something about it, I'm going to have to donate for it. 

You need a player base to get more donators. Why would anyone donate in a server with life expectancy of a month. Why are you not playing server who has eco reset every week - there is no point if your progress (donation in donator case) gets lost. Servers with low player count are more likely to go down.

If you make it all about donator islands, it makes server to be as pay to win. I think it's fair assumption to consider the statement 'server health is dependent upon player count' as true (roughly speaking)

Pay to skip is the most reasonable way to go, not pay to win. Everyone should have the ability to get something, or to go somewhere (of course within reasonable time)

Pay to skip is donating for items, not for ranks. (in a case where all items are obtainable by players with any player rank) 

I am really not trying to attack you, you have good suggestions, just this proposal about donator benefits you're trying to push, which I believe is totally counter-productive towards server and new players. 

The idea of increasing, expanding donator benefits 

vk6xfNH.png

This is my opinion though, I am more than happy to hear what do you think though. :P

Unread
  (#7)
Default Sunday 2nd December, 2018, 13:41
1 hour ago, Iron Man Btw said:

stop with the suggestions of ::die, it's not even making anything better in any ultimate way. Stop making it pay to win

THIS!

6 hours ago, Zander said:

That is mainly true.

6 hours ago, Zander said:

I just don't really like the priorities regarding what to implement in the first game

Yes, this is the main problem, to fight this I would suggest a pole with all the new ideas where people would vote which update should come first, for example I would prefer an update on some drop tables like revs before implemanting the kits.

Edited by I Drop

Unread
  (#8)
Default Sunday 2nd December, 2018, 14:47

So I understand where you're coming from on this but we have two developers at the moment. Klepto will focus on this project while Juan finishes up the QOL stuff. It should all start coming down the pipeline pretty quickly. Once Juan is done with QoL, then he'll be moving to working on another new piece of content. 

Unread
  (#9)
Default Sunday 2nd December, 2018, 14:54

I didn't read the post but since this is the spam thread k0l0kj0l0kj0l0k0l0k0l0k0l0k0l0k0l0l

Hi Zander

Unread
  (#10)
Default Sunday 2nd December, 2018, 15:42

I think these are a good idea since some players have comped, and got max gear in everything now are left with moneymaking and whatever else, this gives those players more incentive to like go pk for pkp for enhancement kits or vote more frequently to save for them etc, 

-Holaman