Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server
Go Back   Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server > General Discussion > Introductions
Reload this Page Hi, I'm Chaflie!
Sign in to follow this  
Chaflie

Hi, I'm Chaflie!

29 posts in this topic

Unread
  (#0)
Default Hi, I'm Chaflie! - Friday 15th March, 2019, 03:55

Hey Near-Reality!

Before I begin to morph into a personality that I'm sure that will be influenced by the whole lot of you, I would love to introduce myself!

So to get to basics, my name is Charlie, but I commonly go as Chaflie online (there's a whole story about this name that I will tell you when I tuck you into bed), and I'm 23 years old. I live in Western Canada, and I'm a Chef that works at a lovely little Mom & Pop restaurant when I'm not typing code into existence.

To clear things up, I've known about Near-Reality for the last 3-4 years now, and while I don't typically play RuneScape Private Servers, I love to develop them and gauge the reaction from the community when I poof content and bug fixes out of thin air (or so, the general public seems to think!), and I've been developing RuneScape Private Servers for the last 12 years now. I first stumbled upon RSPS back in 2007, when I was just a young lad, and I was fascinated by all of the new items (really, just high level items) that I could obtain with ease.

Back when RSPS's were as simple as clicking on a chest to gain firemaking experience, or smacking Barbarian Women for Red Partyhats, I was always fascinated in just how exactly that worked! Well, RSPS's were fairly easy to program back then, you just found what you were looking for with a simple file search, change the experience (for example) to a higher number and then save & compile! Now a days, times have changed and programming is a much more difficult task than it used to be. So it's understandable that Near-Reality needs my help!

I have to say I'm extremely excited to be here, and get things back on track for all of you. Over the last couple of days, I've studied the community, the game, the client, and now currently in discussion with our wonderful management team about a development plan. I'm a passionate developer who loves to update at least every 2-3 days with something, and I must assure you that while not all of my updates will be a huge content change/addition (those will happen, and more frequently than you think), you'll notice a consistent stream of bug fixes and expansions to current content.

I also have to note that even just in the last 3 days that I've been a part of this community, I'm falling in love with all of you, and I share your passion for this game and I'm excited to work with all of you and our team to bring a new life, a new era, and a new perspective to Near-Reality.

I hope that I can prove that I belong to be a piece of your family, and I believe that we will do great things, together!

Thank you, and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Yours,

Chaflie

Unread
  (#0)
Default Friday 15th March, 2019, 03:57

Welcome to our server, Chaflie! Can't wait for that bedtime story!

Unread
  (#0)
Default Friday 15th March, 2019, 04:00

Another Chef?

All jokes aside.. Welcome my man!

Glad to have you here with us and looking forward to all the content and fixes you have to offer us.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Friday 15th March, 2019, 04:03

Once upon a time.....

WELCOME TO THE TEAM!! K3

Unread
  (#0)
Default Friday 15th March, 2019, 04:50

Hey buddy, welcome! I can't wait to see some of these bugs get fixed!

Unread
  (#0)
Default Friday 15th March, 2019, 05:39
1 hour ago, Catwick12 said:

The BETTER Chef.

What the fuck is this supposed to mean, you snake.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Friday 15th March, 2019, 06:36

Hey i've been seeing you around ingame, welcome!!!

Thank you for blessing us with your presence!

Unread
  (#0)
Default Friday 15th March, 2019, 06:37

Welcome aboard, 
Hopefully its a smooth transition, Wont be an easy task. But im sure you will survive ;)