Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server

Near-Reality is taking a step in a new direction. Click Here For Information.

Go Back   Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server > General Discussion > Guides
Reload this Page Shooting Star Guide

Sign in to follow this  
Cao Cao

Shooting Star Guide

10 posts in this topic

Unread
  (#0)
Default Shooting Star Guide - Sunday 2nd June, 2019, 18:07

1238ao1.jpg

What is Shooting Star?

• Shooting star is one of the best AFK-able money making methods in the game. 
  • You mine the Crashed Star to collect "stardust" which you can trade to Star Sprite at ::home for juicy loots.
  • The Crashed Star has random spawn intervals, usually 30 min - 2 hours.
  • Type ::star for location and spawn time of the star. Star lands in a random location.
  • Shooting star location hint (::star) will show the direction of the star from the closest city, such as "Northeast of Varrock" or "South of Lumbridge".
  • Shooting star drops strange boxes, which contain a random item including but not limited to God Halos, colored Infinity Robes, Colored Staff of Light, and Pking Gear.
  • First Person to Mine Crashed Star will receive a strange box.
  • Stardust is untradable, but can be traded to shop for tradable items.
  • Strange boxes will be randomly dropped on floor as you mine so be sure to check in once in a while.
  • You can only mine 400 stardusts per rock, sometimes you can mine more (403-405).
  • Crashed Star will disappear after a certain amount of time so be sure to get there quickly.
  • The Star Shop has OP fashionscape gear that you can purchase.

1hqcdy.jpg

Command

::star

Requirements

• Lvl 60-90 mining minimum, different stages have different requirements  
  • A mining pickaxe (Rune Pickaxe, Dragon Pickaxe, Primal Pickaxe)

Star Sprite Shop

t9ve4z.jpg

Ornate Katana
Hand Fan
Primal Hatchet
Primal Pickaxe
Black, Addy, Rune Canes
Top Hat
Afros
Voting Hats
Flippers
Mudskipper Hat
Uncut Onyx (achievements)
Gnome Scarf
Camo Top, Bottom, Hat
Ringmaster Set
Vyrewatch Set
Prince Tunic and Leggins
Princess Blouse and Skirt
Frog Mask
Zombie Shirt and Trousers
Antique Lamp
Crystal Key
Strange box

STAR LOCATIONS - type ::star

"Southwest of Edgeville" 

9AwZ8p3.png

"South of Draynor" 

33p97pd.jpg

"North of Lumbridge"

16jnif8.jpg

FAQs:

What loot can I get from Strange Box?

Some of the loot rewards include, but not limited to: 40 ship tickets, cooked karambwan, zammy brews, amulet of fury, colored infinity robes, all barrow sets, dragon pickaxe, halos, staff of light, 5M gp. If you have received other loots from the box, please comment below and I will add them.

How can I maximize my time at Shooting Star?

A lot of players like to bring an alt character to mine the rock, since it's afkable. Alternatively, you can play on your main and bring an alt here to grind the star. It's 100% afkable so decent money on the side. Just Netflix and Mine B).

How many Stardust can I mine per hour?

For reference, this is my inventory after 30 minutes afking and picking up Strange Boxes:
rkzxid.jpg

Currently, you can purchase an Antique Lamp for 190 Stardusts and Strange Boxes for 100 Stardusts. If you have 2 accounts, you can maximize your profit even more.

There are other high end items in the store like Ornate Katana, Hand Fan, and tons of cosmetics that are very valuable in-game.

This is one of the best afk money making methods in the game that a lot of people don't know about. Personally, I find it enjoyable to find the star, mine them with other players, and get surprise Strange Box drop occasionally.

What If I can't find the Star?

If you can't find the star after typing ::star and reading the hints, you should try to ask Trade CC or PM a Staff member for assistance finding the Star.

Credits:

Goth Remco

Pedrofroes

Garb

Hoax

Torn67

Mistereman22

Ballsack

All who worked on the Shooting Star Project

Thanks for reading. This guide was challenging to make because there was not a lot of information available. I appreciate all the players and Staff who helped me make this guide so everyone can benefit. If there is any information you would like me to add or change, please comment below! 

*Currently looking for ::star location with screenshot since some places are difficult to find with given hint. Please reply to this topic with 1) ::star hint 2) screenshot of the location. I will credit you for your contribution. Thank you. 

Edited by Cao Cao

Unread
  (#0)
Default Sunday 2nd June, 2019, 21:08

You can only mine 400 stardust per rock, sometimes you can mine more.

Dat line, is max 403/404 stardust, sometimes you can mine more sounds like u can get up to like 500+

For the rest, amazing guide, ill msg u when i open strange boxes with da loot, so u can add that :D

Unread
  (#0)
Default Sunday 2nd June, 2019, 21:15
6 minutes ago, Goth Remco said:

You can only mine 400 stardust per rock, sometimes you can mine more.

Dat line, is max 403/404 stardust, sometimes you can mine more sounds like u can get up to like 500+

For the rest, amazing guide, ill msg u when i open strange boxes with da loot, so u can add that :D

Ty for quality control. I have amended that section. Looking forward to your lootations - good luck!

Unread
  (#0)
Default Monday 3rd June, 2019, 16:08

*Currently looking for ::star location with screenshot since some places are difficult to find with given hint. Please reply to this topic with 1) ::star hint 2) screenshot of the location. I will credit you for your contribution. Thank you. 

Unread
  (#0)
Default Tuesday 4th June, 2019, 21:51

5cf6e797a7c3a_ScreenShot2019-06-04at4_49_46PM.thumb.png.93eaf6d42b63cbd08ca08b8ce264a8d4.pngStar Hint: The shooting star is northeast of Lumbridge

In Game Exact- Directly east of Al Kharid mining pit 

Unread
  (#0)
Default Tuesday 4th June, 2019, 22:19
27 minutes ago, Ballsack said:

5cf6e797a7c3a_ScreenShot2019-06-04at4_49_46PM.thumb.png.93eaf6d42b63cbd08ca08b8ce264a8d4.pngStar Hint: The shooting star is northeast of Lumbridge

In Game Exact- Directly east of Al Kharid mining pit 

Lol you deserve a gold medal for actually finding that star with that hint!

Unread
  (#0)
Default Tuesday 4th June, 2019, 22:38

CipjdgO.png::Star Hint: The shooting star is northeast of Lumbridge

Actual Location: North of Al Kharid fence on road toward Digsite