Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server

Go Back   Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server > General Discussion > Feedback > Suggestions
Reload this Page Brawling Gloves; Other Skilling

Sign in to follow this  
microdegen

Brawling Gloves; Other Skilling

16 posts in this topic

Unread
  (#0)
Default Brawling Gloves; Other Skilling - Friday 7th February, 2020, 23:58

1. Brawling Gloves

With the addition of the 2b xp Max Cape, I think it makes sense for Brawling Gloves to see an increase in the exp they grant; acquiring them should actually feel worthwhile -- right now, their effect is negligible.

I previously estimated on average, with vote bonus exp, they give 3-3.5m bonus xp, which was already low, but I used the Thieving ones earlier on Scimitar stall and it was probably only 1.2-1.5m bonus xp -- bordering on not even worth bothering to put the gloves on so i can just keep my pvm gloves on and not forget them later!

I don't know what is considered reasonable in this regard, but given that it would require around 40k Magic Logs with vote bonus exp to get max Woodcutting, which could take >300 hours (at 30 secs per 28 logs; not accounting for using wildy resource area), I would think a substantial increase would make sense -- right now, the cape would seem far too out of reach for a lot of players, myself included, and it shouldn't just be a fancy additional cape -- it should be a realistic alternative to Comp Cape (but still take longer than comp, of course)

If there is any leg-work required on this to see what is reasonable, I'm happy to crunch the numbers in Excel -- obviously need to know what is reasonable first, of course, along with actual current xp bonuses of the gloves!

2. Other Skilling Suggestions

With the advent of the 2b xp cape, also comes more people doing skilling presumably, and the things they notice whilst doing that; with that in mind, some quality of life suggestions (hopefully others can comment on this as I won't remember everything!):

All Skills 

* Chance to receive Starved Ancient Effigy, or the direct end product (Dragonkin Lamp), whilst skilling

* Bonus Skilling Xp Events (be it a specific skill, a set of skills, or all skills -- although I think the former two would be more enjoyable and sociable)

Construction: Just that the xp, last time I did some chairs etc., was utter wank -- I don't know if there is a reason for this but if not, it would appear to need a boost all round

Herblore: Make All option for creating pots [if not much too difficult to implement]

Thieving: More options; Pickpocketing or anything that makes it less tedious than just Scimitars over and over

Hunter (specifically Implings): Remove redundant loot, or give gp values and/or purposes to all of the loot; e.g. Sinister Key is useless but can initially seem like a good drop to new players

Woodcutting: Same as above, in relation to Bird's Nest -- remove redundant loot, or give them purposes (much preferably, the latter)

NB: Please also check out my other Suggestions thread (which I can't seem to hyperlink properly): 30649-various-suggestions

Micro

Unread
  (#0)
Default Saturday 8th February, 2020, 00:15

These are actually nice ideas! Would love to see the community grind for the 2b cape :)

+1 on everything. +1 for the structure u've used for writing this down, looks good!

Unread
  (#0)
Default Saturday 8th February, 2020, 00:43

I could get behind some of these ideas, I'll toss a few into staff chat and see where they go. Good work and tyvm. 

Unread
  (#0)
Default Saturday 8th February, 2020, 14:42
14 hours ago, L 00 t 4 lif said:

These are actually nice ideas! Would love to see the community grind for the 2b cape :)

+1 on everything. +1 for the structure u've used for writing this down, looks good!

Problem is i probably spend too much time focusing on the structure and format and then forget half of the actual content!

13 hours ago, Paganesque said:

I could get behind some of these ideas, I'll toss a few into staff chat and see where they go. Good work and tyvm. 

That's great! I would've liked to have put more specificity into it in terms of the exp bonus from the gloves, and the rectification of the redundant items, but I tend to get bored and lose concentration typing things out for too long!

As above though, if players and devs are receptive to the idea, I'm happy to do the leg work with working out the preferred xp bonus per gloves, dependent on how fast the 2b cape should be relative to comp -- just give me a shout.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Tuesday 11th February, 2020, 20:47

Additions to OP

Brawling Gloves: I forgot that Brawling Gloves are also 'meant' to give further bonus xp if used in wildy -- if that could be implemented too, that would be great (I checked and there currently isn't any further bonus xp, or at least not with the Smithing gloves.

SmithingMake All option (or Make X)

Fishing: Rocktails spot in Wildy Resource Area - Idk if this is on purpose or not but the double resource doesn't count towards achievement, whilst Runite Ore and Dark Crab do. Haven't checked Magic Logs.

Wildy Resource Area: If possible, again due to the addition of the 2b Xp Cape, make the double resource gain give xp (afaict it doesn't but admittedly I didn't check)

Completionist Cape: Not sure how popular this would be (hence the slightly lighter shade of blue that nobody can tell is a slightly lighter shade of blue):

Add alternatives to a couple of the comp cape achievements, specifically:

(1Reach a Kill Streak of 6 and (2Trade in a Tier 10 Emblem.

I don't know if everyone agrees but these two achievements seem quite out of place relative to the rest (as they are actual 'achievements', whilst the rest are just time consuming activities), almost as if they should be 'additional' achievements to get a slightly better comp. cape, or a comp cape with a pking-influenced cosmetic.

The alternatives I have in mind would probably be:

(1Win a PvP Tourny with at least x Entrants and (2Trade in x Coins worth of Relics from Revenants

Micro

Unread
  (#0)
Default Sunday 23rd February, 2020, 19:01

Ok so I finally got around to doing some level of analysis on the xp rates for getting 2b xp cape:

If you did it on weekends only, starting from level 99 xp, have vote bonus constantly active, have pet, and excluding gathering resources and Construction:

0274dc34bb6e97bc0d47e058029e665c.png

**Obviously the notable point here as well is that nobody is playing that many hours every weekend**

If you did it on weekdays only, with vote and pet constantly active, from level 99 xp, and excluding gathering resources and Construction:

ae664ea5bf710d2e63300e85c190b9fb.png

Both of those hours amounts also completely ignore banking or doing anything else. So a more realistic figure would be to multiply each one by at least 1.5 or 2.

ETA: I forgot to summarise the Hunter one as Red Chinchompa + Chinchompa (is a bit over half of the time stated when doing them at the teleport location near bank chest)

Edited by microdegen
Mis-clicked Submit!

Unread
  (#0)
Default Sunday 23rd February, 2020, 19:12

The table for the weekdays - Vote Xp + Pet:

90f1cd3f34b34d73de12b69484f5b3b3.png

Weekends exp w/ Vote and Pet:

e4baef91bff9a853d2b7c6c93ffd91dd.png

Edited by microdegen
ETA Table

Unread
  (#0)
Default Sunday 23rd February, 2020, 19:35

the 2b cape isnt ment to be easy to get. but i do think brawlers could use a upgrade