Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server

Go Back   Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server > General Discussion > General Discussion
Reload this Page How to save nrpk... (critical post)

Pkermaster1

How to save nrpk... (critical post)

34 posts in this topic

Unread
  (#0)
Default Tuesday 20th August, 2019, 21:10
2 hours ago, 1hitncya said:

too many staff yet there are dead hours. makes sense. they're trying to add staff from all over to cover all time zones.

Too many staff not enough doing anything. Start focusing on quality staff instead of quantity.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Tuesday 20th August, 2019, 21:53

As far as I remember from jags nr is that pking was balanced and profitable.

Max hits were like 40s even in lime and around 50 in max gear. 

It's was balanced and profitable for pures as well with variable gear. Such as gravite rapiers, seers headbands, being able to wear comp cape or max cape etc.

Nhing and bridding was very popular. 

Wildy bosses were very good to drag mains and pures which would lead to wars. 

Also we had some staff that were very active in wildy. 

For pvming drop tables were alot more variated 

And staff would take care of stabilizing the Eco.

Maybe this nr need a better and grindable rewarding system, untradable if necessary. But I might be wrong.

These were one of the few things that made me popular.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 21st August, 2019, 00:25

Agree with few of it but disagree with the staff is too much. They can't just take a few and let go other timezome. Yes they look so many but if you go in game there is only 1-3 staffs that are on due to different timezone and sometime even none.

No doubt that they need to buff cash drop whether from donation, pvm monster, pking and voting. Right now everyone want cash, I barely see people selling items for items, all cash here and there.

To regain, bloodlust need to reintroduce. Since I was staff from AgentJags and Drax server back then, I've seen clan war at almost everytime due to people searching for their points.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 21st August, 2019, 01:11

I addressed this earlier on an alt but. Now that this acct is back, let’s do this. 

From a former staffer, having too many staff isn’t necessarily an issue. As long as each time zone is well covered, it’s good. The one staff there are, the more potential for events and more moderating and helping that can be done. With that said, if majority of the staff are on the same time zone (which is often inevitable), that’ll cause gaps but. Another big thing is when upper staff’s presence is scarce. I’ve only just returned for a few days so I can’t comment much but, from the time I have played. The only upper staff I’ve seen on is Espire and Cayleb for a few brief minutes. Granted this isn’t a bad thing considering the times I was on but, asking around. It seems there’s not much activity going on anymore. 

Moving on, I will agree wilderness incentives are low. And clan activity seems to be a thing of the past. Bloodlust would bring activity up temporarily, but when I was around long ago BL was supposed to be happening and I don’t know what came out of that. what I’d suggest, is having a few of our key and top pk’ers possible start rival clans and try to recruit and help people into becoming active in the wildy. I’m sorry but to me, seeing someone on a 270 kill streak makes me want to avoid Wildy for any and every reason. If there were active clans with skilled pk’ers in them, this wouldn’t be so much of an issue in my eyes. 

Another wildy fix would be drop tables for wildy bosses. If I’m not mistaken, the same wildy bosses that are on RDI (and possibly LDI but I’ve never been or seen anything about LDI) have the same drop rates and tables in both areas. I’d suggest revamping WILDERNESS bosses. Either lower the drops by 10-20%, or add lower tiered drops that are worthwhile and make killing that monster in the wilderness somewhat worthwhile. This would make a decent incentive for wilderness activity. 

I want to say someone said something about Eco so I’ll edit this as needed but, a great idea a previous version had was a Grand exchange with a tax. I’m not saying switch over to GE by any means but, maybe start doing a 10% tax on Trade Posts. That way for every 10 items that are sold/bought, the system buys and deletes 1 of those items. This would be a good way to reduce and control item flow. Yes, you could bypass that by doing manual trades but you could also do the ticket tax like we used to or still do. 

Last thing: DC bug. Idk if this is an actual thing or if I just have shitty internet but. If it is a thing, I can see why a lot of players would leave as it is quite annoying. If it’s my internet, well ignore this last statement lol. 

Edited by Zackary

Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 21st August, 2019, 03:05

Will is currently investing money into developers working on big pking projects but theres a lot of other aspects of pking that do need to be addressed so if you have any suggestions just post them.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 21st August, 2019, 03:29

what does this mean? pking nerfed too much with cash drops it ain’t profitable to pk.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 21st August, 2019, 03:56

i would say eco is on its way to being better, considering prices of items are getting back to what they were before jbear sold items dirt cheap. staff is fine. i agree that more wildy bosses and drops could use some tweaking but that's the kind of stuff they are already looking into so it will be better give it some time rome wasn't made in a day.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 21st August, 2019, 09:39

Lol , this is cute. lets be honest here. The only reason the "original NR" and the one after that when BBE/Shavers etc started was successful was only because of PKING. We had active pkers, more players and a solid eco system. I haven't played this yet, but without active pkers...yeah there's no point.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 21st August, 2019, 09:48
14 hours ago, Pkermaster1 said:

1) lack of pking when the server had activity. There are like 2 clans on nrpk atm and they both inactive. Lack of people Channing and lack of people entering the wilderness has made the pking population turn to 0.

Unfortunately with an Economy server you are always going to have this problem in the modern RSPS community since OSRS release. The only servers with complete out and out pking activity are those that have an Eco purely driven from Pking. Clan activity can certainly be increased though with the use of bloodlust and other PVP tournaments/incentives. A functioning Clan Wars with prizes could be something worthwhile here.

2) lack of monsters in the wilderness. There are very few bosses in the wild and they all drop shit loot nothing to gain from going into the wilderness.

I actually think that there is currently a decent range of Wilderness NPC's. Drop tables could definitely be worth a look at to improve but you need to help the staff team by actually giving suggestions that they can work off. Don't forget about the potential Gano beast upgrade that is apparently coming.

3) pking nerfed too much with cash drops it ain’t profitable to pk.

Eh, Pking gives plenty of rewards IMO with PKP, Cash, Random drops, Statues.. etc.

4) horrible eco (goes back to #3) when they nerfed the cash u got from pking the server didn’t have enough gold entreating the game and now pking is shit money and every item is useless because no one has cash. Have been playing rsps for years by far the worst economy ever on any rsps.

NR has unfortunately always had an ECO problem. It is very difficult to fix once it has already become an issue.

5) bugs are insane server was doing well on release lost so many players due to the crashing bug.

I haven't experienced any game breaking bugs since I returned at least.

6) too many staff. I’m sorry there are way too many staff for how small of a server nr is.

I fail to see how this could be an issue. As long as their are active staff members on the team and nobody has become stagnant in their role then the more staff the better IMO (Within reason ofc). The only current issue with staff IMO is the timezone gaps but recruiting staff from new areas of the world would sort that issue.

In summary if you really want to help you need to come up with proper real suggestions rather than just stating the overall fact of what you feel is wrong. Otherwise it is likely that staff will just ignore your post.