Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server

Go Back   Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server > General Discussion > Feedback > Suggestions
Reload this Page Voting Priorities

Sign in to follow this  
Kenny

Voting Priorities

20 posts in this topic

Unread
  (#0)
Default Voting Priorities - Monday 2nd September, 2019, 23:16

There are seven sites for which one may vote on, and each site provides one voting point to the voter.

In an ideal scenario, a player would vote on each and every site, twice a day, every day they play.

By looking at the voting site rankings, it is evident not everyone votes even once a week, if at all, on one or more site(s).

Some RSPS sites are more important than others, in terms of people who visit, and the number of people those sites refer to our server.

I believe it would behoove the player and server alike if voting point rewards were consummate and in proportion with the site voted on.

By way of example:

Site 1: high traffic, a high number of overall votes, and, comparatively, a high degree of importance amongst other voting sites.

Site 1: medium traffic, a high number of overall votes, and, comparatively, an average degree of importance amongst other voting sites.

Site 1: low traffic, a low number of overall votes, and, comparatively, a low degree of importance amongst other voting sites.

Voting Point System:

Voting on Site 1 would provide three vote points;

Voting on Site 2 would provide two vote points;

Voting on Site 3 would provide one vote point;

Voting on ALL sites at least once during a 24 hour period would provide a bonus 5 points, or 10 bonus points if voting is completed as many times as allowed per sites.

Voting Rewards and Store:

Reward cost should be adjusted (increased) in a similar (not same) proportion to the new voting points given per site.

The reward costs should be increased in an amount that is higher than what one would be receiving from the new [higher] voting points granted; this is to incentivize the player to vote on all sites and receive the bonus points. Failure to implement this proposition will merely hurt our overall voting (as voting for Site 3, which grants only one measly vote point, is not really "worth my time.")

The hyperlink buttons should be formatted in a manner as to distinguish each site's tier. 

Edited by Mu

Unread
  (#0)
Default Monday 2nd September, 2019, 23:26

Not a bad idea! I like the thought and effort you put into putting this together. I give it a +1, and totally agree that some sites are more important than others. Thanks for the suggestion!!

Unread
  (#0)
Default Monday 2nd September, 2019, 23:27

Support.

But the issue I currently have is that I can't vote on 1 fo the links. Someday it works the other day it doesn't.

I vote 2 times a day if possible but I rarely get the full 7 points.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Monday 2nd September, 2019, 23:30

support but only if they put vote rewards in a shop ingame with vote reward tickets that can be sold to other players.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Monday 2nd September, 2019, 23:32
1 minute ago, Ween said:

support but only if they put vote rewards in a shop ingame with vote reward tickets that can be sold to other players.

i like this idea

Unread
  (#0)
Default Monday 2nd September, 2019, 23:36
9 minutes ago, uh ur downed said:

Not a bad idea! I like the thought and effort you put into putting this together. I give it a +1, and totally agree that some sites are more important than others. Thanks for the suggestion!!

This literally took me less than five minutes to devise, and write out.

It's equally basic as it is baffling that little things like this are just ignored; thus the server state we are presently in. 

That isn't meant to be a dig at you - I thank you for the support, but let's just get things implemented.

Edited by Mu

Unread
  (#0)
Default Monday 2nd September, 2019, 23:43

Whatever makes Near-Reality active

Unread
  (#0)
Default Monday 2nd September, 2019, 23:55
24 minutes ago, Ween said:

I second this.

This was in the original NR, under Jordan. I do not know why it was removed.

Just give us back NR v8.

Edited by Mu

Unread
  (#0)
Default Tuesday 3rd September, 2019, 00:05

Good idea +1

To add to it, it may be nice to add other incentives also. Double Exp is nice but to those not going for 2b in everything somewhat useless after the first week is over. So maybe add a choice or a variety of bonuses. For example: 2-5% Dri, slight but enough for people to vote on atleast one sight real quick to get a chance at that lime cow. Could also add in something pk related like pkp.

Instead of new bonuses we could just make votes a tradeable currency, although this could bring a lot more stuff into the eco for the rich who can afford large amount of tickets off the bat, and if this happened i would want voter points wiped to prevent a large influx of them coming into to eco at once.

As for the vote store, why not add an hours of ::bank or some donor rank commands for a decent amount of points?

Unread
  (#0)
Default Tuesday 3rd September, 2019, 00:35
30 minutes ago, Posin said:

Good idea +1

To add to it, it may be nice to add other incentives also. Double Exp is nice but to those not going for 2b in everything somewhat useless after the first week is over. So maybe add a choice or a variety of bonuses. For example: 2-5% Dri, slight but enough for people to vote on atleast one sight real quick to get a chance at that lime cow. Could also add in something pk related like pkp.

Instead of new bonuses we could just make votes a tradeable currency, although this could bring a lot more stuff into the eco for the rich who can afford large amount of tickets off the bat, and if this happened i would want voter points wiped to prevent a large influx of them coming into to eco at once.

As for the vote store, why not add an hours of ::bank or some donor rank commands for a decent amount of points?

I like this, specifically "add hours of ::bank or some donor rank commands"

Nice thinking teammate.