Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server

Go Back   Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server > General Discussion > Feedback > Suggestions
Reload this Page We the Players

Sign in to follow this  
Rubber Ducky

We the Players

27 posts in this topic

Unread
  (#0)
Default We the Players - Wednesday 11th September, 2019, 16:41

After talking with a few Players, (not just my fellow clan members)

We have put together a small list of how we would make some changes.

These is just suggestions would love to hear feedback.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Donor island(s):

1) Remove Spec recharger or nurse; or both.

This tool is very useful and will bring more people to die if removed from ::di.

2) Removing 1 kbd and 1 kq from ::di, and relocating them to ::die

Removing 1 kbd from ::di will slow the already over making of Black slayer helms.

3) replace tds/nezikchened on ::di with the desert and jungle wyrms; and put tds at ::die where the wyrms currently live.

Di has already so many great bosses, why can't ::die have some love?

4) Bring elves back to ::di or ::die... This NPC once dropped many great supplies for pvming/pking skilling ect..

Slayer:

1) add an ability to extend task i.e: Vorkath, Cerb, sire, nomad.

2) add normal or super mystery box's to slayer shops or bring back slayer boxes

3) bring back random slayer boxes that drop while doing slayer tasks.

4) for 1000 slayer points make a ring of slaying (I) with unlimited charges.

Drop-Table buffs/ Server announcements:

1.) ALOT (and when I say ALOT i mean it) of monsters need a rework of their tables.

some examples: Bork, barrel chest, abyssal demons, bronze-rune dragons.

some ideas of great fixes include, bring bronze-rune whips to dragons and or putting a 10and 50m cash drop,

abyssal demons have a 1 in 6000 chance at abyssal head, barrel chest to drop promethium gear.

2.) Suppress low-end drop announcements.

Stop the announcement of whips amulet of the damned onyx ...ect

3.) Rework wildly boss drop tables... Avatars are hard and drop nothing.. literally nothing worth the risk.

4.) add more drops to treasure trail.

5.) Make the Ring of suffering, able to take ring of recoils to make ring of suffering (R)

Return:

1.) Return Nex- We are getting bored killing the same bosses it's time to bring back nex make the drop of gear much higher than last time.

2.) Return Bandos avatar- But either A.) Put it in the wild, Or B.) keep it outside the wild but make it not safespotable.

3.) return elves to ::di ::die or the main world.

4.) Fix FFA's We really miss MBOX FFA, If we could make tourneys able to be mbox's that would be super sweet!

Staff:

Before I start this chapter, I would love to thank all those staff admins, mods, supports, and advisors who put in the time to help us each and every day. 

1.) we need a few more staff members who are on during the day time, 

I understand wholeheartedly that you are all human as well, and are donating your time to help the server, but from 4-5am est to about 10-11pm est we rarely see a staff member.

2.) I think the rules need to be looked at and possibly rewritten, there are a few that cause gray area's examples

RULE 30. NPC boxing

"Boxing" (attacking a monster with no weapon) an NPC as a means to stop others from attacking said monster is not tolerated. If you are found doing this you will be jailed temporarily. Multiple reports will lead to a temporary ban in extreme cases.

Does this include stoping other players from attacking you?

and

RULE 33. Pin Abuse in the Wilderness.

It will not be allowed to use the pin screen to prevent a scout from being attacked in the wilderness. This is wholly up to the staff as to weather or not the player is abusing the system. In general, if you're using the pin system to escape an attack, it's not an issue. If you're using the pin system to set up an attack, then you may be sent home from the wilderness. Repeat offenses will incur sanctions. "

Define setting up an attack, If they log before there clan shows, is it still setting up an attack?

________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you!

I wanna just say thank you again to everyone who has read this, who posts ideas, agrees and or disagrees with any or all of my statments.

Also wanna thank the people who took time to help create, and make this list what it is.

and a special thanks to Cruz for the many times of bringing me to the donor islands so i could make sure i wasn't taking away from other zones.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Will Use this Space to Edit and post Changes modifications and addition ideas.

37 minutes ago, Aneel Fcb said:

Also I suggest that you should add divine ss as a drop from Corp 

-Reserved

-Reserved

-Reserved

-Reserved

-Reserved

Edited by Rubber Ducky
typos/ edits

Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 11th September, 2019, 17:01
8 minutes ago, Rubber Ducky said:

1) Remove Spec recharger or nurse; or both.

This tool is very useful and will bring more people to die if removed from ::di.

You can build a restore pool in the poh that does this; Getting killed by Jad is also about as fast.

9 minutes ago, Rubber Ducky said:

2) Removing 1 kbd and 1 kq from ::di, and relocating them to ::die

Removing 1 kbd from ::di will slow the already over making of Black slayer helms.

I'd rather like to see the slayer pet nerfed. 

11 minutes ago, Rubber Ducky said:

3) replace tds/nezikchened on ::di with the desert and jungle wyrms; and put tds at ::die where the wyrms currently live.

I don't think you discussed this with any ::di player.  

13 minutes ago, Rubber Ducky said:

some ideas of great fixes include, bring bronze-rune whips to dragons and or putting a 10and 50m cash drop,

only if change is above 1/100. 

16 minutes ago, Rubber Ducky said:

2.) Return Bandos avatar- But either A.) Put it in the wild, Or B.) keep it outside the wild but make it not safespotable.

-1, afk bosses are bad.

16 minutes ago, Rubber Ducky said:

4.) Fix FFA's We really miss MBOX FFA, If we could make tourneys able to be mbox's that would be super sweet!

These events suck for the pvp community. With NR going the pk route i dont see ffas returning at all. 

18 minutes ago, Rubber Ducky said:

RULE 30. NPC boxing

"Boxing" (attacking a monster with no weapon) an NPC as a means to stop others from attacking said monster is not tolerated. If you are found doing this you will be jailed temporarily. Multiple reports will lead to a temporary ban in extreme cases.

Only if someone is actually farming that very NPC. 

19 minutes ago, Rubber Ducky said:

It will not be allowed to use the pin screen to prevent a scout from being attacked in the wilderness. This is wholly up to the staff as to weather or not the player is abusing the system. In general, if you're using the pin system to escape an attack, it's not an issue. If you're using the pin system to set up an attack, then you may be sent home from the wilderness. Repeat offenses will incur sanctions. "

Define setting up an attack, If they log before there clan shows, is it still setting up an attack?

Ofc.. Ru dumb?

Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 11th September, 2019, 18:17

1 hour ago, Digi22 said:

You can build a restore pool in the poh that does this; Getting killed by Jad is also about as fast.

1 hour ago, Digi22 said:

Ofc.. Ru dumb?

POH ARE BROKEN 

Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 11th September, 2019, 18:24

Also I suggest that you should add divine ss as a drop from Corp 

Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 11th September, 2019, 19:48

I really like the whole idea of what you have here, and much of it has been brought up as well. With the addition of Benb to our developer team, we hope to change some issues that you spoke on above. One is the Mbox ffa's they are indeed very very fun, and will hopefully be running again shortly. 

The first donator island topic is a good idea - i'm just not too sure how it will pass over. I do see your point though, it would bring more ::die pins into the game, which is not a bad idea at all.

Slayer re-work would be a decent idea, however I believe the slayer pet should be reworked - maybe to implement x amount of task increases per day instead of giving double slayer points per task, or possibly introduce more than a 10 task streak, maybe a 25 streak and a 50 streak to those who own the pet.

I agree on the announcements as well, there are many many low tier drops that are constantly announced, yes it makes it easier for pkers to find players for lets say, Mage Books, but if these drops show up, why don't the noted ones?

Elves would indeed be a cool return to the ::train or ::di aspect of the game. I agree.

Overall, I feel like you have touched on many many different things, but you have to keep in mind that we are currently behind on the development, there is lots of catching up to do and I ask you to be patient with Benb's progress. It may take some time to get used to the Near Reality way of things, but in time, things will make a turn for the better. 

2 hours ago, Rubber Ducky said:

RULE 30. NPC boxing

and

This does not, it is in place to stop other players from attacking npc's outside of the wilderness. Players would attack npc's on certain donator islands in order to grief other players, not allowing them to complete slayer tasks or kill certain NPC's.  Tt is legal for a enemy to box a npc in the wildy. 

2 hours ago, Rubber Ducky said:

This rule is in place to stop people from using a scout to scout positions and set up an attack. If a player gets a log out on you, then uses the pin system to escape by logging back in and seeing he is still stuck it is allowed. However, there are cases that are up to sole discretion of staff members on if the pin has been abused, and to the severity the abuse actually is. If a clan comes while they have a pin screen up, thats a different story. But if the player is a solo player and escapes and uses his pin, it is not an issue. 

Thanks for the suggestions my friend, 

- Uh Ur Downed

Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 11th September, 2019, 21:11

The number one priority for this server should be advertising to attract more players. While I support these tweaks to the game, there are not enough players right now to justify making them yet. There are never more than 100 players online ever and it kinda sucks. What's the point of better slayer or better drops if there is hardly no one to actually play with? This is the best rsps by far content wise, but there aren't enough people playing and this needs to be seriously addressed. Staff up with people dedicated to getting more players. This server used to have multiple worlds running at a time and now people are quitting all the time. With barely 50 people online most times, this server cannot be sustained like this, we need more players.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 11th September, 2019, 22:28

We need to bring in more players. This should be the #1 thing. More events too. Where are all the drop parties? Some of the most memorable times of NR and its remakes. 

Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 11th September, 2019, 22:36

Also this push to make this a pking server should stop. The main thing that made this server great is the balance between skilling, pvming, and pking. Keeping all elements of gameplay viable and worth while is great because you can do whatever. Honestly this might be what is driving people away because, for example, pvmers cannot simply do regular boss slayer (distinguished from wildy slayer) without being hunted down by pkers when they get a task in the wildy.

Edited by Hubbuhubbu0