Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server

Go Back   Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server > General Discussion > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Near] Reality Check

Sign in to follow this  
Mu

[Near] Reality Check

30 posts in this topic

Unread
  (#0)
Default [Near] Reality Check - Friday 4th October, 2019, 17:23

I. Purpose

(A). The purpose of this post is to articulate the vicissitudes befell upon the players; and, eventually, begin a logged, general discussion of remedies. Regaining status as a top server requires the accretion of many smaller remedies.

(B). I do not mean this to be a vitriolic polemic, but I want to see this server succeed and perhaps this may ameliorate our current state.

(C). To discuss the content poll(s).

(C)(1). The question presented is "What content would you expect to be released first?" 

(C)(1)(a). The answer: None. I expect the content already in the game to be fixed and in proper working order before new content is released (with the exception of Nex, because this should have been reintroduced months ago; if at all even removed to begin with).

If you read only one section, let it be Section IV. 

II. General Issues

(A). Lack of Updates/Bug Fixes

(A)(1). Today is October 4, 2019. The last Game Update was August 19, 2019. 

(B). Persistent Lag

(B)(1). Within the last few weeks, there were abhorrent lag issues persisting for multiple days, with little to no communication as to when a correction was to be expected or would occur. Eventually, days later, the lag was corrected by a server reset.

(C). NPC Spawn Glitches

(C)(1). Within the last couple of days, there have been multiple NPCs across the server that glitched out and would not respawn after being killed. This, still, has neither been fixed nor NPCs been respawned (i.e., Penance Queen, and Ice Queen, on ::die; there are likely others, too).

(D). Whatever This Is?

(D)(1).  At some point in time a major issue was that Dread (developer) went MIA, and in some unfathomable manner this new developer, whatever he was working on or had access to, "restricted" others from modifying the code or making changes to the server. 

(E). Testing Issues

(E)(1). We have been promised changes and updates, but first they must be tested. HOWEVER, there is NOW an issue with the "host of the test server" and so none of these updates are actually happening for, what I can only imagine to be, at least another week. 

(F). [Illogical] Construction

(F)(1). For many versions, spanning multiple years, construction was a fully-functional skill. What the fuck happened that it is so broken, and you cannot fix it or reimplement it?

(F)(2). This is only one particular reason why I believe this version of NR to actually be some second-rate knockoff version purchased and used in place and stead of the original, real and improved, coding (which seems to be permanently lost).

(G). Glitched Drops/Loot

(G)(1). Where the drops/loot from NPCs or Players glitches on the Ground Item Overlay to show doubles of everything dropped: this has been a problem for months, and still has not been fixed. What is going on here?

(H). Pathing

(H)(1). Pathing, particularly in the wilderness, is extremely fucked. And on RDI, too.

(I). Rare Fragment Shop

(I)(1). This has not been updated or changed since release. It was meant to be changed frequently (each week, two weeks?). This is a clear and obvious sign of 0 fucks given.

(J). LDI is STILL "Under Maintenance"

(J)(1). This has been going on for three months. Just remove the damn message that pops up when we teleport to LDI. It's almost as annoying as having been told LDI is being revamped for three months, but only one thing has changed...

(J)(2). Thanks for Slash Bash. Useless NPC, with useless drops; notwithstanding the Rare Fragment Shop as mentioned in (I).

(K). All Else

(K)(1). There are many more things similar to the above.. but I'm sure you're getting my point.

III. Near Fallacy of Reality

(A). Return of Nex.

(A)(1). After having released the "new" Near-Reality v13, which only deprived players of this and other content, we are now getting an "update" with "new" content: Nex. Except that this is not new content, and is not a new update, but a complete fallacy. Surely a ploy if I've ever seen one.

(A)(2). You know how dogs always get excited when their owner returns, even if the owner only left for a few minutes? That's because dogs have a minimal perception of time. We are not dogs. Returning Nex isn't exciting.

IV. "Content Poll" - Thread 30114

(A). Raids

(A)(1). Please stop trying to implement new content when the content already in-game is completely broken and constantly glitching. The entire player base has left the server because the general issues (above) are so prevalent and there has been no sign that a single fuck is even given to fixing them.

(A)(2). Most of the players on this server, those who have stuck around up until this point, are RDI or LDI. Inductive reasoning provides a clear and obvious conclusion: there is a problem with acquiring new players, and retaining players who are not otherwise already invested in and anchored by an upper-tier donator status. If your induction is astray, use the issues listed above.

(B). Ganodermic Behemoth

(B)(1)-(2). I reiterate (A)(1)-(2) as above.

(B)(3). Why would you introduce a new mega-boss after already having removed a different mega-boss (Bandos Avatar)? What is the purpose to replace one mega-boss with a different one? Illogical.

(B)(4). This will not magically save the server or ameliorate the problems causing the player base to die.

(C). Bloodlust Season One

(C)(1)-(2). I reiterate (A)(1)-(2) as above.

(C)(3). I reiterate (B)(4) as above.

(C)(4). For what reason would we want Bloodlust to take place when the wilderness and PKing are more broken and empty than the logic of introducing a new mega-boss after having removed a different mega-boss?

(D). Wilderness Expansion

(D)(1). For the love of fucking everything good in the world, please DO NOT expand wilderness when there are only five fucking players in it as is. This does not solve any problems. It will only introduce a larger area for content to get fucked up in.

(D)(2). I reiterate (A)(1)-(2) as above.

(E). PVM Update

(E)(1). You can't be serious. There are multiple NPCs currently not respawningLDI is STILL NOT FINISHED (glad we got a useless Slash Bash - it drops rare fragments, which are super useful for an empty Rare Fragment Shop); you already removed Bandos Avatar and Nex [now being reintroduced]; and yet you want to add another NPC to kill? What will this do?!

Edited by Mu

Unread
  (#0)
Default Friday 4th October, 2019, 18:24

Cumlord

Edit: I remember when I used to make threads like these in like 2016. So... Let me save you some time, and just let you know that despite mine and everyone else' attempts, nothing is going to change. You're entirely correct about the game not being able to attract and keep new players, and for the first time that I've seen during my many years here, I'm starting to see the hard trying veterans leave too. (See the most recent staff updates. Some of the guys there were some of the most hard-working members of the community for years, and even they've taken their leave. I know they've been humble about why, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.) 

Basically this whole thread combined TL;DR : Will doesn't give a shit, NR is dying. Also, please keep me company in the shoutbox. Thanks.

Edited by Rytur

Unread
  (#0)
Default Friday 4th October, 2019, 19:13

Glad someone finally said it. 

I can tell this took a lot of time and hopefully this is what staff and development needed to hear. 

Hope things get changed / fixed

Unread
  (#0)
Default Friday 4th October, 2019, 19:17
1 minute ago, Zackary said:

Glad someone finally said it. 

I can tell this took a lot of time and hopefully this is what staff and development needed to hear. 

Hope things get changed / fixed

Thanks; for the good and welfare of NR.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Friday 4th October, 2019, 19:23

this post will accomplish nothing, Will's to stupid to do anything. Change my mind.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Friday 4th October, 2019, 19:44

Thanks for this mu. Very well said and hats off to you my friend. 

Unread
  (#0)
Default Friday 4th October, 2019, 20:07

I mean we all know what needs to be changed. Its just that it either cant or people aren't willing to change it. sadface

Unread
  (#0)
Default Friday 4th October, 2019, 20:10

This is probably one of the most impressive things I’ve read. 

Unread
  (#0)
Default Friday 4th October, 2019, 20:17

very well put but sadly this wont do anything as none of the posts like this ever do...