Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server

Go Back   Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server > General Discussion > General Discussion
Reload this Page Hey Guys

Sign in to follow this  
Arham

Hey Guys

19 posts in this topic

Unread
  (#0)
Default Hey Guys - Thursday 24th October, 2019, 07:09

I'm gonna kinda do this like a Q&A type of thing, since I've got these questions before.

Name?
My name is Arham, but you guys can call me Ham or Hammy. Doesn't really matter.

What country do you live in?
U.S

How old are you?
19 years old in 7 days! :D

How long have you played RuneScape?
So, I'm kinda weird. I'm known in the RSPS community as "Arham 4," and I've got asked where that 4 came from. Well, I was 4 when I came up with the username. And, I made the username at the RuneScape login screen. So, yeah, I've been playing since I was 4 years old. So about 14 years!

Don't think I'm good or anything though. I didn't even get a 99 in a skill on my own account and I got banned on my original account.

d2e.png

Have you ever properly played an RSPS instead of being behind the scenes of one?
I've played only a handful of RSPS. Like, I can probably count them with like 5 fingers. Near-Reality was one of them.

How did you get into coding/developing in general?
I got into programming through RSPS when I was 9 years old. Believe it or not, hear me out, I got into RSPS because of Zezima. Now you might be thinking like "what? Boi." Yeah, yeah, well obviously not from Zezima himself. I still remember I was 9 years old, killing moss giants in Varrock Sewers and my friend PM'd me in rs telling me Zezima plays RSPS. I said what the heck is an RSPS and googled it. I got lead to MoparScape and boom it all started there.

What was the first project you worked on, and is it still alive?
So I'm gonna sort of make this as a tangent on my history of RSPS.

My first major project was a server called FroyoScape. I had a huge development team and stuff, even though I was like 11. We never launched, though. I had like a bunch of ideas. I remember somebody commented on my thread back in the day going like "bro why are you posting your ideas to the public for everyone to steal."

I think I had a server before called T.U.Pk.S, The Ultimate PKing Server. I still have its website and it has a news section and stuff. The news section was legit me talking to myself. Like, I had a section saying if my mom finds out about this server we're dead cuz my mom didn't like RS.

My first project that I ever ended up hosting was a server called World 901 in 2013. I don't know if you guys have seen it, but there's this cool RuneScape short movie called World 901 (here). I made a server with that name, and eventually made a minigame to basically re-enact that entire world. I even had like a cutscene thing just like 1:28 of the movie, where the camera would go to like random players and have the dramatic dialogue in the dialogue screen, with a spawned player character in the middle of the map. Every time somebody died in the game, it would be just like the video where it would show "Contestants Remaining" in the bottom left corner for a few seconds, then disappear again.

Since I was young though, it didn't go anywhere. The same pattern repeated multiple times for the next few servers I'll talk about.

I made a project after that called Rome. The idea was to take RuneScape and make it a Roman society. I was watching a buncha documentaries on Roman history and just really wanted to do it. So I took a shot at it. One thing that I made in it was a Barbarian vs. Romans world. So, at random places in the map you'd notice a Roman guard and a Barbarian fighting. Or, you could tame a Barbarian and they would call you "Dominus" and follow you.

Again, my inexperience as a 13-year-old made that sad.

I made a project called Athens after Rome. I didn't make it Athenian-themed though. It was meant to be a normal server. One trademark feature of the server was that I managed to make Varrock have support for all skills. That way, the entire community could be in a close range to each other. Another feature was the popular XP well system, which is now prevalent in RSPS. The idea was that there is a well that, when it reaches a certain cap, gives double exp for 24 hours. After I released the source code for that, a lot of RSPS started doing it too. Again, I was 14 years old.

Afterwards, I made Turmoil. This one went alright. It was averaging about 20 players at one point in time and maxed at about 70. It, too, was a normal RSPS. One thing pretty awesome about the server, though, was the fact that we managed to make Falador Zamorakian-themed. That is, instead of Falador being white, it was red, with the fountains being of blood instead of water.

5a8c3262fd26c7d1034cc6dee266d084.jpg

I eventually ended up having to sell the server though since my 15-year-old self being not that great at managing. One fun fact is that IceJJFish, yes we're talking this guy, bought the server, charged back, and won the case on PayPal. Still salty about that, lol.

The last server I owned was called RuneRoyale. Basically, take Fortnite and make it an RSPS. We had a costume system with powerups and all. Nothing game-breaking though. There was a system for Defence being a life point on top of Hitpoints, items scattered around the map, a storm system, kill stealing, spectating, and a way for you to choose where to "drop" on the map to keep the "Where we dropping bois" meme alive.

GQrBMTi.png
3Uwmt4.gif
8wNSCW.gif
T7Hmdjg.png

Oh, and this interface was a meme interface we made for the time we were working on a real interface for this:

O7pX85x.png

That's all the servers I owned myself. I worked for other servers as a Development Manager. But they're our competitors, so best to not say names. ;)

Anyways, that was a long answer, whew.

That's all I can think of right now. Feel free to ask more!
Edited by Arham
I forgot to add RuneRoyale!

Unread
  (#0)
Default Thursday 24th October, 2019, 07:53

Quite an amazing read! 

you've been with the team such a short time and have been pretty impactful so far, I am looking forward to working with you once we start testing ect!

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Unread
  (#0)
Default Thursday 24th October, 2019, 16:58

Welcome, can’t wait to see what you have in store for us

Unread
  (#0)
Default Thursday 24th October, 2019, 18:54

Damn dude that was a great read, glad to have you around. That JJFish stuff is crazy who would've known. Looking forward to seeing what your're capable of.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Thursday 24th October, 2019, 20:18

fix this shit men

Unread
  (#0)
Default Friday 25th October, 2019, 00:16

Welcome