Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server

Go Back   Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server > General Discussion > General Discussion
Reload this Page Regarding Updates / Overall Rant

Spank

Regarding Updates / Overall Rant

49 posts in this topic

Unread
  (#0)
Default Regarding Updates / Overall Rant - Tuesday 14th January, 2020, 16:45

To be honest I am quite annoyed with the recent updates as they are all rushed just to get some content out and not even being reviewed correctly. 

For example you re-added Primal & Prom to Hope Devourer + Bulwark Beast. I got a drop for Primal kiteshield which announced. I got a Primal Platelegs drop which didn't announce and I almost missed the drop. In the past it was announced to the game server upon drop.

This isn't the only issue, you have missing drop announcements for a lot of items in-game. For example, Steel Partyhat, Transfer Device, Saradomin's Light and whatever items I can't think of right now. These have all been brought to your attention and they still haven't been fixed. My point is you're repeating the same careless mistakes that could be fixed within an hour or so? I'm not a developer but I'm sure QoL fixes can be done in a timely fashion manner. 

https://near-reality.org/forums/index.php?/topic/30543-few-suggestions/ (Huge list of suggestions that was probably ignored). Instead of going through the suggestions, we have decided to re-add old content and make it seem like new content and still failed to test it properly.

Raids has been on hold since July 1st of 2019 where is the raids? 

PKing, clipping, the whole combat system needs a re-work.

To the staffers who I see online everyday doing your thing keep it up. To those of you who sign in for 1 hour a day and host a FFA event here and there then log off. Please resign we don't need you. You're hurting the server more than helping it. Some of you just AFK, don't interact with the community at all and just seem burnt out by all of it. Remembering the days when there was weekly events of trivia, headhunter events for the wilderness, jugg events, hns, scavenger hunts.... not just log in and do a FFA ... that's not being a staff member. You have commands... learn to use them for the fun and great of the server.

Rant over thanks.

If you feel offended by this post, if the shoe fits wear it. Anyone who knows me knows I keep it blunt and have no filter.

Edited by Spank

Unread
  (#0)
Default Tuesday 14th January, 2020, 16:56

Its not the dev fault. Its jacmob bussines plan: he just implements minor additions to the game to keep some retards happy so they donate for jacmons new shoe collection. Ppl put 100 suggestions every month and i almost never see any get implemented.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Tuesday 14th January, 2020, 17:29

+1

There's a lot of things lacking that don't grab players

used to be daily, if not hourly events that had players on just for those. Voting events, holiday events, and other spurious events that people could expect during the day.

There's been 0 advertising, there still aren't any raids. And there's no excuses left at this point.

Either fix this shit or give the server to someone who gives a damn and wants to make it great again and put it in the top 10 on vote sites...

The nostalgia factor is gone, and the pking train is gone as well. This isn't 2008 anymore,

this isn't the after effects of RuneScape getting rid of the wilderness which is what drove people here.  

Edited by Zachshw2

Unread
  (#0)
Default Tuesday 14th January, 2020, 18:02

Did you actually just rant about some items not having drop announcements LOL

smh

edit; 

advertising is more important as well I do agree with raids still not implemented , the lack of commitment by the owner is the real problem tbh

just @crucio

Edited by El Chap0

Unread
  (#0)
Default Tuesday 14th January, 2020, 18:06
10 minutes ago, El Chap0 said:

Did you actually just rant about some items not having drop announcements LOL

smh

Did you actually just comment on this post without reading the full thing ?

The main point of this post is rushed updates that aren't being tested.

Another main point of this topic is the fact we have listed so many QoL updates that could be brought into the game and we get little bullshit updates like this that aren't even 110%.

Edited by Spank

Unread
  (#0)
Default Tuesday 14th January, 2020, 18:06

It does feel like the suggestions aren't being put on the backlog from the developers... 

Unread
  (#0)
Default Tuesday 14th January, 2020, 18:22

Advanced issues found

1 hour ago, Spank said:

This isn't the only issue, you have missing drop announcements for a lot of items in-game. For example, Steel Partyhat, Transfer Device, Saradomin's Light and whatever items I can't think of right now. These have all been brought to your attention and they still haven't been fixed.

I added announcements for DWH, Steel Phat, and Imbued Hearts. Asked players for more, none said more.

I'll add those ones.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Tuesday 14th January, 2020, 18:34

Support this thread 100%.

@Arham even though you're just a developer for the game, why is it taking weeks upon weeks for simple content & fixes to be pushed out ? 

Unread
  (#0)
Default Tuesday 14th January, 2020, 18:35
12 minutes ago, Arham said:

I added announcements for DWH, Steel Phat, and Imbued Hearts. Asked players for more, none said more.

I'll add those ones.

Added them. Should be in live server.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Tuesday 14th January, 2020, 18:36
1 minute ago, Arham said:

Added them. Should be in live server.

Now that's what I call agile!