Reload this Page Relaunch information - 23/10/2019

Cayleb

Relaunch information - 23/10/2019

57 posts in this topic

Unread
  (#0)
Default Relaunch information - 23/10/2019 - Tuesday 22nd October, 2019, 00:55

Hi everyone,

I'll apologize now for the fairly long thread, but there is a large amount to talk about, as well as clear the air.

I want to address a few things here relating to Jacmob's latest announcement. I think it's time there was a staff member who was brutally honest about what happens around here.

For those of you interested in returning as a player when we reopen in December, i'd just like to clarify that this is an item and pin reset. This includes items, points for stores where you can purchase items (mage arena points, PKP, BH store, etc), and pins.

ALL RANKS, STATUSES, TITLES, EXPERIENCE AND PETS WILL BE KEPT.

Now that is out of the way, it's time for some truth.

To the players,

I am not a fan of economy resets. I do not believe they accomplish anything when you A; do not put the appropriate time into advertising and B; when you do not have an ironed out plan of attack or development timeline to follow. These 2 points are where we've failed every time we've reset in the past.

I am genuinely embarrassed to have to be back in this same position of writing another reset thread. I'm not going to type up some bullshit paragraph relating to how we are sorry, how it shouldn't end up like this, how this time it's different, because frankly there isn't an excuse for any of it. The fact that we've reset 3 times now in the past 2 years, it's pathetic. We have the ability to be a relatively big server, with updates and content, and devoted developers, but in the past we've been held back by certain people or persons.

Announcing another reset comes at a large risk for NR, especially when it's become somewhat of a meme among players, laughing and joking about when the next reset or relaunch is. That being said, due to the false promises, the extreme lack of communication and effort, as well as Dread leaving abruptly, these as well as not having planned ahead for the case of a developer leaving, we are left with an embarrassing player count and find ourselves back in the same position requiring a relaunch to get ourselves back off of rock bottom.

I have decided to give Jacmob an ultimatum here for you all to see regarding this December relaunch.

To you Will,

If you want to continue to have my support and help for furthering this game, then you need to cut all the bullshit posts about how you're back or how you've been busy with school or how you've been sick, cut all the false promises about when content is coming or when something is being added, the players are not the only people who are tired of reading these same damn threads every few months.

It's time to take proper action to advance this game. Fuck the threads, we don't care about a post that has a few screenshots of upcoming stuff, we don't care about a developmental timeline update every month, we care about actual updates, actual progress, we care about listening to these players, taking note of their suggestions, adding these in, furthering this game.

If you are not prepared to devote your time to this game, as I and many others have in the past, then i am not prepared to remain working here and you can expect my resignation. 

You need to put your head down, work with me and the Developers, stop feeding these people threads to buy yourself some time, put funds into advertisements and marketing, be true to your word, no matter what it costs.

Most importantly you need to work on regaining the trust of the players we have here and on our forums.

I hope you all read this, and take note of this being Jacmob's final chance. Having it solidified in a thread for all to see, I feel that having plastered it in front of everyone shows true commitment, and if he does not hold up his end of the bargain, at least we know where to go from here.

Onwards and upwards from here, hopefully.

Many thanks to you all for your continued support through everything,

Cayleb

Unread
  (#0)
Default Tuesday 22nd October, 2019, 01:06

I, as well as many others, am not a big fan of resets. I devoted my time to "completing" the game by collection at least 1 of every item ingame. 'twas almost there too. Knowing this was probably coming, mixed with some irl issues. It's driven my playtime to an abysmal amount. We're just going to be back to square one in a matter of weeks if these "promises" are not held. If things to not pan out for the better and this resets becomes all for nothing, you can expect my resignation as well.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Tuesday 22nd October, 2019, 01:28

Hello all,

I personally was not in favor of shutting down at all. I wanted to show you that we are genuinely dedicated to you, the community, by staying live and gradually introducing all of the enticing, exciting content and updates that have been promised to you. However, if there's one thing I know about Jacmob, it is that he knows how to bring in players. His downfall is his inability to properly care for the server, which causes an inability to retain the masses of players that have been part of our community over the past three years that I have been here. 

With that being said, I will be opening myself up further this time around to help keep things orderly and on track. I hope to be involved in the prioritization and strategic planning of development and duties during our downtime. I refuse to present another flawed relaunch attempt. It is not only a waste of your time to play a flawed server, but it is also completely embarrassing to be a staff member and try to promote something that you're not proud of. We, like you the community, are also players of the game, and NR is something we love, wish to enjoy, and see others enjoy and gain the same love for NR that we have. 

I truly hope you stick with us and continually give us feedback on how we can improve. A server is only as strong as its players' involvement, which means your feedback and assistance has the utmost importance to our growth as a server and staff team. I hope to get you involved in a preliminary beta prior to relaunch, because then we will be able to properly assess our development and identify any existing flaws. It would also give you a chance to be a part of our future and get your voice heard before the launch is finalized. 

Thank you all and I hope to see you in the near future to enjoy a properly developed Near Reality. 

Best wishes,

IKU

Unread
  (#0)
Default Tuesday 22nd October, 2019, 02:11

Hello hello, 

I also wasn’t in favour of shutting down or an eco reset.  
Between Iku and Cayleb they’ve pretty much covered everything I would like to say so I won’t make anyone re-read the same thing. 

Shoutout to Cayleb for saying it how it is and not bullshitting anyone/anything. 

Remember to stay hydrated gamers, I hope to see you all once we relaunch! 

Your biggest nerd,

Mraussienoob 

Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 23rd October, 2019, 03:34

Hello guys, 

As well as my fellow staffermans above have put it, I also agree 100%. But nonetheless, I know that this time around things will HAVE to change. It sucks that change has to happen in such ways, and I wish things were not neglected and pushed to this point. 

A reset to me was not an idea I wanted to wrap my head around, but to new and better things we strive towards. 

During this down-time please feel free to post suggestions, ideas, and changes that you guys would love to see implemented into the game. With the strong help of Juan and now our newest Dev Arham, they will be banging out content for the return. As iku has said, we will be opening up a Beta here shortly, and taking applications in to test certain content that is planned to release. With the communities help, we can do nothing but build things back up from the ground.

With a manager and a strong team surrounding the behind the scenes of NR, I truly have put forth my upmost faith and trust in Wills decision. Reviving the server from the current state it is in will be our mission. You guys deserve that.

Lastly, I would love to thank the few players who have stuck around in the last few months playing at such a low player count. You guys are the backbone to the server and I truly hope to see you all back on December 1st. 

Happy scaping my friends,

-Downed

Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 23rd October, 2019, 03:43

Got fucked on my pins again gg pins lol