Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server

Go Back   Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server > General Discussion > Feedback > Suggestions
Reload this Page New Slayer Helmets

Sign in to follow this  
clockwork

New Slayer Helmets

State of Slayer Helmets  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Should slayer helmets be reversed to how they were before?

• Yes, revert the slayer helmets.
    • No, keep them as they are.
    • Yes, but reduce the chance of them procing off task.

18 posts in this topic

Unread
  (#0)
Default Thursday 14th May, 2020, 09:50
3 minutes ago, gim mula said:

Having slayers as op as they were ruined every other helmet ig this nerf was much needed and no reason to revert 

^ how do you bring in any new helmets if they aren’t going to be better than a slayer helm? This is the best option for the game in the long run. They are still bis for slayer tasks and boss slayer is still one of the best money makers ingame. You’ll recover 

Unread
  (#0)
Default Thursday 14th May, 2020, 09:52
1 minute ago, Flint said:

^ how do you bring in any new helmets if they aren’t going to be better than a slayer helm? This is the best option for the game in the long run. They are still bis for slayer tasks and boss slayer is still one of the best money makers ingame. You’ll recover 

exactly people dont think of things like that sadly, they just dont want things to change cause its what they are use to.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Thursday 14th May, 2020, 09:57
3 minutes ago, gim mula said:

exactly people dont think of things like that sadly, they just dont want things to change cause its what they are use to.

That and they may have lost a couple bill from buying them. I just think if it was the other way around and they didn’t have any slayer helms and they know we can bring new items ingame like everyone always wants they wouldn’t feel this way. 

Unread
  (#0)
Default Thursday 14th May, 2020, 15:54

I still think reverting would be the best option, for multiple reasons:

- Most of the player base know and love the helms as they were

- I think it's always better to revert a lets say...controversial decision (if possible) than to patchwork everything affected.

- It's probably also a lot easier to revert from a developer's perspective

And excuse the language but FUCK the other helmets and that stupid other helmet argument. 80% of all items in NR are technically useless, and in OSRS at the end of the day its prolly not even that much less. So why care bout people crying over their hoarded torvas, serps etc? Only because there name is turquise here? Come on...

An alternative suggestion I'd have is this: maybe lower the boost to 5% outside slayer tasks, giving the full 20-25% during slayer tasks. But, for god's sake, keep the hits doubling effect! I cant even find words describing how damn essential this ability was!

Edited by hoodboss

Unread
  (#0)
Default Thursday 14th May, 2020, 16:03
4 minutes ago, hoodboss said:

I still think reverting would be the best option, for multiple reasons:

- Most of the player base know and love the helms as they were

- I think it's always better to revert a lets say...controversial decision (if possible) than to patchwork everything affected.

- It's probably also a lot easier to revert from a developer's perspective

And excuse the language but FUCK the other helmets and that stupid other helmet argument. 80% of all items in NR are technically useless, and in OSRS at the end of the day its prolly not even that much less. So why care bout people crying over their hoarded torvas, serps etc? Only because there name is turquise here? Come on...

An alternative suggestion I'd have is this: maybe lower the boost to 5% outside slayer tasks, giving the full 20-25% during slayer tasks. But, for god's sake, keep the hits doubling effect! I cant even find words describing how damn essential this ability was!

I agree the Slayer Helmet is iconic to Near-Reality, but the colored helmets were not (they were added in 2018). Yet these changes, allows for a variety of new helmets to come into play, e.g. Neitiznot Faceguard, Sirenic Mask, Ancestral Hat. By keeping the slayers the same way, it virtually destroys any value these new items would have had in the game (asides from the value it brings in PKing).

As for your arguments to the doubling effects, it's a 1% proc chance, it's does not change your DPS by a considerable amount (making it less essential than you think it is).

Also as we fix the bosses to match the new combat engine, the kill times will be very similar as before, and as we introduce new BIS gear these kill times will continue to drop, not to mention the new Anguish and Torment prayers.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Thursday 14th May, 2020, 16:10

I hope you get that right soon. As I said, I can cope with a little loss time wise when killing these bosses. But now it feels as if i was wearing full rune in old NR. But I am wearing DHL brimstone prims fero gloves all that sheesh. I mean that simply cant be it sorry

Unread
  (#0)
Default Thursday 14th May, 2020, 18:05

I can tell how passionate you are regarding this topic. Reverse of riot!

Unread
  (#0)
Default Thursday 14th May, 2020, 20:34

Yeah I guess I kinda am lol. But I'm sure I'm not the only one