Reload this Page PVM Combat & Slayer Helmets

Mod Jacmob

PVM Combat & Slayer Helmets

22 posts in this topic

Unread
  (#0)
Default Thursday 14th May, 2020, 16:45
1 minute ago, Echoes said:

I still do not understand why we are nerfing slayer helms into the ground. I don't go into the wilerness much. Did you think aobut pvmers at all when you forced this update upon us? Our gear is nerfed into the ground and our slayer helms do fuck all if not on task. Why would I be on task? Post 99 slayer is pointless. It only had a point in order to make a fsh and a head and then sell for money. What you've done is ruin nex sets and ruin slayer helms. Idk how anyone can even slightly view this update as positive. The combat system made is so melee in the wilderness hits nothing but 0s. Everything about this is so fucked up. And anyone who agrees is lying to themselves, afraid to stand up and give your opinon. This update is going to ruin the game. Mark my words.

Don't really like this bloke... but +1 to what hes saying.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Thursday 14th May, 2020, 16:49
3 minutes ago, gim stepbro said:

Don't really like this bloke... but +1 to what hes saying.

works for me right now

Unread
  (#0)
Default Thursday 14th May, 2020, 19:33
3 hours ago, Lt Tomas said:

As we changed the combat engine it means a majority of Boss and Monster HP and bonuses must be changed.

There we go, people should give this update some time to be tweaked. Quick response Jacmob, kudos.

This was stated in the update thread. There was even a suggestions thread made in regards to this. This has been the rhetoric ever since the update went out.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Thursday 14th May, 2020, 20:32
3 hours ago, Echoes said:

I still do not understand why we are nerfing slayer helms into the ground. I don't go into the wilerness much. Did you think aobut pvmers at all when you forced this update upon us? Our gear is nerfed into the ground and our slayer helms do fuck all if not on task. Why would I be on task? Post 99 slayer is pointless. It only had a point in order to make a fsh and a head and then sell for money. What you've done is ruin nex sets and ruin slayer helms. Idk how anyone can even slightly view this update as positive. The combat system made is so melee in the wilderness hits nothing but 0s. Everything about this is so fucked up. And anyone who agrees is lying to themselves, afraid to stand up and give your opinon. This update is going to ruin the game. Mark my words.

Also, keeping it on death? Cool? Will it effect my gameplay? Not in the slightest

+1!

Unread
  (#0)
Default Thursday 14th May, 2020, 21:46
5 hours ago, Echoes said:

Also, keeping it on death? Cool? Will it effect my gameplay? Not in the slightest

+1

However, I'm sure Jacmob and the rest of the team will input the changes necessary to scale the bosses accordingly so. 

I just wish that the bosses were scaled accordingly along aside the change of the slayer helmets so it wouldn't be this big of a change to how people currently PVM. 

Unread
  (#0)
Default Thursday 14th May, 2020, 21:51

Ty

Unread
  (#0)
Default Thursday 14th May, 2020, 21:59

RuneScape did a combat change (EoC) for the same very reason Nr has. We all seen how it turned out, even though they were just trying to help. The sever looks the same to me since 2010, with a few items introduced... and everyone kept coming back to this combat system, and for this combat system. I agree though that wilderness changes need to be made, like catching a freeze every cast. 

Unread
  (#0)
Default Friday 15th May, 2020, 01:09

Such update would surely gonna have a backfire i mean you gotta see this coming right?, i'm not a developer but taking something away that has been here for generations would surely have a backfire especially when it was they key of the "PVM" system. Slayer hits with high damage that compensate the 0s we inflict on the bosses because of its high defense and HP and now that has been taken away, pvm is doable but its taking a long period and is draining my supplies faster, the key thing is to understand why slayers hits high and how it would affect the PVM when its being changed. This are like communication issue, you remove something you always have to compensate something in return to balance it out, that's how balancing works. Like the rest above me agrees, we don't care about the slayer helms is how the PVM is now

Edited by Just Goofy

Unread
  (#0)
Default Friday 15th May, 2020, 02:32

yea man, I understand the "urge" to try and help pkers and all but thats a low % of people actually going into the wild and a VERY small % of those people even ENJOY the wild anymore. As buddy said, this slay helm update shoulda prolly be implemented when you had (at least the major ones) bosses/npcs re coded to accommodate this new change.

I enjoy pking, seeing who is the better player mentally, and beating someone on equal ground with no excuses as to why you lost. Unfortunately most pkers on here do not care for such things, they only care for the pixels, pkp and ego stroking that comes with posting kill pics on the forums. If your not down to go into the wild now, you never will be. No magical update is gong to finally convince people that the last 10+ years of shitty experiences and being flamed in the wild is gone and its "a new wild" where the goal is to enjoy the game and have fun.

Its no flame intended, this was a fucking MASSIVE update and DEFINITELY took more then a few hours determining reactions and to go through with it, but no 1 new is going into the wild. I've asked tons of people who actively play this server to come pking with me, even people going for the comp cape would rather slowly get 100 kills dhing @ edge, then step into deep wild and NH cuz theres LITERALLY ZERO chance to survive or get a kill on a 1 world server where they just tb you in a 3v1 situation. Sure you could join a clan, but as i stated before, not everyone is going into the wild for pixels or to stroke their ego with an unrealistic kill streak, nor do we find bullying some 1 10v1 fun. We want to have fun and the wild in 2020 runescape IS NOT FUN, be it here, another server or real runescape. People will always choose selfishly and based on personal opinions, and pkers do not help promote the wild at all, so you trying to ruin pvm's fun, for the sake of people who they find repulsive will never go well. 

Edit: theres almost no point to PvM off task til its fixed (task system for me has been horrendous and I don't do slayer outside of the 50 wildy task for comp anymore) but yet no 1 is pking, no 1 is camping revs besides the same few people who already been camped there lol

Edited by peckie check