Near-Reality v14 | June 27th, 2020

29 posts in this topic

Unread
  (#0)
Default Near-Reality v14 | June 27th, 2020 - Sunday 17th May, 2020, 00:25

wRySwQz.png

Hello, Community Members of Near-Reality,

Near-Reality v14 Release; June 27th, 2020

There will be no shutdown or economy reset.

This thread will be one of my favorite threads I will ever post to date. We have come such a long way in the past half-year, Arham, has single-handedly changed Near-Reality. We have continually updated the server with weekly updates, and moving forward, we now have Andy and Optimum to aid Arham in the release of v14 Near-Reality. As you can see, we have released the new landing page for Near-Reality, and you can see the release date for Near-Reality v14 is on June 27th, 2020.
** (All other functions such as the Hiscores, Store, Pin Transfers, etc. will still be found on the forums page. The only difference is that we now have an immersive homepage for new and existing users.)

What exactly is the revival launch? We will not be going offline; we will continually be updating the server and bringing updates to the community. It means the release date of Raids, the PVP Expansion, and much more content, and let's not forget advertising. We have hired a large number of content creators who will be making videos on Near-Reality for this upcoming revival launch. It will be a big spectacle, and it's one not to miss, it will be the time where we WILL make Near-Reality great for good. I can't say how thankful I am to the development team, the staff, and the community for sticking with us for seven years.

Over the past few months, many great developers have come and go, which has led to our untimely release date of Raids | Chambers of Xeric. But here we are, moving into another phase of Near-Reality, with Arham at the helm we have accomplished a great deal. As of now, Arham is in the midst of finishing the last component of Raids (the Great Olm), it's nearly finished, and we want to make sure Raids is perfect for the v14 launch.

We have a lot of content incoming when it comes to PVP. I understand it has been neglected over the years, over the past week, we have hired a new developer Optimum who will be manning most of our PVP content updates. Optimum is the developer responsible for creating the new combat engine, which in my opinion, is a game-changer for Near-Reality. I don't want to spoil much of the upcoming content, but a wide variety of mechanics, special attacks, passives, stores, PVP-related content will all be revamped and implemented into the game for the revival launch of Near-Reality.

** The game will still be updated weekly and online for everyone to play. There will be NO reset.

The time for Near-Reality is now.

Mod Jacmob
Near-Reality Management Team

Edited by Arham
Explicit statement regarding common stereotype

Unread
  (#0)
Default Sunday 17th May, 2020, 00:28

Can't wait woo!!

Unread
  (#0)
Default Sunday 17th May, 2020, 00:28

Excited to see V14! Can't wait.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Sunday 17th May, 2020, 01:12

Please god no economy reset. 

Unread
  (#0)
Default Sunday 17th May, 2020, 01:13
Just now, Echoes said:

Please god no economy reset. 

There will be no economy reset. The game will continue to run as normal.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Sunday 17th May, 2020, 01:32

Can’t wait to see what the future holds

Unread
  (#0)
Default Sunday 17th May, 2020, 02:36

TL;DR: It's just a landing page facelift, no eco reset will be done.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Sunday 17th May, 2020, 03:08

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! NR 2020

Unread
  (#0)
Default Sunday 17th May, 2020, 04:42

Exciting times :)