Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server

Go Back   Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server > General Discussion > Feedback > Suggestions
Reload this Page Near-reality, the #1 scout pvp server

Sign in to follow this  
Rytur

Near-reality, the #1 scout pvp server

28 posts in this topic

Unread
  (#0)
Default Near-reality, the #1 scout pvp server - Wednesday 20th May, 2020, 13:54

Hi. Any of you that plays the game that read this title probably already know what this suggestion thread will be about, but nevertheless I'll explain the situation as it is right now to those that do not actively play. 

Introduction

Revenant caves have for a long time been a popular pvm spot, which makes it excellent for pkers as well, as there will always be people there. As a result, the pvmers in the rev caves place a lvl 3-30 scout account with nothing at the cave entrance to scout pkers approaching, so that they can escape before the pkers reach them. As such, some people have realized they can take advantage of this, and simply farm low level accounts for long killstreaks, and ultimately lots of gold/pkp, while the owner of the scout loses absolutely nothing and will thereby put the scout back in place in less than a minute only to be farmed over and over again by scout killers. This results in pkers not even attempting to kill wilderness pvmers, but simply de-leveling to kill scouts over and over. It's destructive to the pking scene, and ruins the fun. 

The suggestion

Some ideas popped up in my head as a hotfix to this external problem. 

Idea #1: Create a minimum combat level to enter the wilderness.

Idea #2: Don't allow more than 1 account in the wilderness at a time from the same device. 

Now, the problem with both ideas are that they're both crucial to pking overall. Scouting is a natural part of the game, and by removing the ability to do this you further disable the possibility for warring and finding other or pvmers in general. Simply destructive to the scene.

The problem with idea #2 is that the game still has a small playerbase, and as such finding people to pk with are hard to come by, meaning it 's hard to find for example tbers. As such, some people use 2 accounts to kill people in single. One main, one tber. Again, as with the problem in idea #1, it's a very general concept of pking that exists on OSRS and all other pk servers.

So moving on to

Idea #3: Remove pkp gains from killing lower level combat accounts. (By setting the cap to for example combat lvl 88, meaning that both the killer and the account killed have to be lvl 88 or higher in order to gain pkp). 

This will end the bullshit scout pkp farming that is currently going on in-game, and help revitalize max pure/main pking in deep wilderness. As it stands right now, it's just easier to level down, kill the 2-3 scouts at the entrance and come back later than it is to attempt to kill maxed mains. 

TL;DR version

Everyone hates the scout pkp farming that's going on. It's completely removing the main and max pure pking scene, as people don't even need to find pvmers. They just farm the same scouts every 10 minute for the exact same reward with absolutely no effort. Set a minimum combat lvl required in order to gain pkp for killing accounts. 

Edited by Rytur

Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 20th May, 2020, 13:59

Just ban scouts from the wild. problem solved

Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 20th May, 2020, 14:11

I +1 this if doing a clue scroll as a lvl 50 orso in lava maze doesn't reward a pker with pkp anymore!

Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 20th May, 2020, 15:44

+1 actually but what I suggest is that no pkp or reward is awarded if a player without gear is pked.

Obviously the loot he is carrying will be dropped.

But give pkp rewards only for fights where I think player is wearing an amulet, gloves, boots, cape etc.

And give no reward is the player is just naked.

Limiting combat level wont help because, it is not difficult to train a high level scout, and it will still be raided for free pkp.

Also removing scouting all together, will impact much more things than fixing one. Like stated, warring, pvming etc.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 20th May, 2020, 16:17

+1 for disabling pvp from lower level accounts.. keep in mind there’s 2 entrances to the rev caves tho (;

Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 20th May, 2020, 17:31
2 hours ago, wowzaa said:

+1 for disabling pvp from lower level accounts.. keep in mind there’s 2 entrances to the rev caves tho (;

That's not really an argument though. I don't mind the existence of scouts. It's part of the pking experience that both pvmers and pkers can use. What IS annoying is that pkers that would normally roam around in maxed mains now just level down to 40 and farm the same scouts over and over, because it offers same rewards as it does hunting pvmers, and is guaranteed a kill without any effort rather than actually pking. This makes the game straight up boring for people that are here to pk and have fun. 

Edited by Rytur

Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 20th May, 2020, 17:51

Great post. 

Another fix would be to ban Jorge to set an example

Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 20th May, 2020, 18:03
4 hours ago, Rytur said:

Idea #3: Remove pkp gains from killing lower level combat accounts. (By setting the cap to for example combat lvl 88, meaning that both the killer and the account killed have to be lvl 88 or higher in order to gain pkp). 

I like this one the most.. They already made it so you can no longer gain a killstreak if you aren't max combat. 

Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 20th May, 2020, 21:15
3 hours ago, Digi22 said:

I like this one the most.. They already made it so you can no longer gain a killstreak if you aren't max combat. 

when? lmao my pure and alt still get ks's

Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 20th May, 2020, 21:52
36 minutes ago, sanchez said:

when? lmao my pure and alt still get ks's

It was either that or gain elo