Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server

Go Back   Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server > General Discussion > Feedback > Suggestions
Reload this Page Near-reality, the #1 scout pvp server

Sign in to follow this  
Rytur

Near-reality, the #1 scout pvp server

28 posts in this topic

Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 20th May, 2020, 22:09
4 hours ago, Digi22 said:

I like this one the most.. They already made it so you can no longer gain a killstreak if you aren't max combat. 

I didn't even know pkers actively lower level to kill scouts -- but yeah, this - idea 3

Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 20th May, 2020, 22:10
18 minutes ago, Digi22 said:

It was either that or gain elo

its gain elo

Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 20th May, 2020, 23:09

Awful suggestion 

Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 20th May, 2020, 23:16
7 hours ago, Neuron said:

+1 actually but what I suggest is that no pkp or reward is awarded if a player without gear is pked.

Obviously the loot he is carrying will be dropped.

But give pkp rewards only for fights where I think player is wearing an amulet, gloves, boots, cape etc.

And give no reward is the player is just naked.

This, most scouts are naked and un-geared to attack back. If no reward is offered; no pkp, no drops, no kill count or kill streak, then it makes it so people will have less desire to kill the scout.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Thursday 21st May, 2020, 15:04
15 hours ago, walrus q said:

This, most scouts are naked and un-geared to attack back. If no reward is offered; no pkp, no drops, no kill count or kill streak, then it makes it so people will have less desire to kill the scout.

This would help, assuming people are actually "farming the pkp". Really, people are just griefing the scout by killing it over and over, you can only gain pkp from the first kill, and unless you kill 2-3 other people or wait 24+ hours you don't get pkp from the same person.

I know I sit there and farm the scouts over and over til the person will level the scout up to fight me, thats 5 mins they sit outside the wild not scouting waiting to reset levels, then when i kill them with a 2nd account in multi, its enough to make them stop coming back, at least for a little while.

Also @wowza for saying "theres another entrance" yea... where your seen coming in the one way, and if you dont have a target, the big yellow pointing arrow gives you away, and again, you need a tber to come from the south if you want a chance at a successful pk attempt.

Remove multi logging from the game period. Between scouts, every 1 ragging in multi and running a TBer in wild, then PvM Leeches @ corp and nex (helped by update) its just annoying. 

Unread
  (#0)
Default Thursday 21st May, 2020, 20:44

lvl 126 requirement to kill revs and only 1 account in the wilderness per IP

Unread
  (#0)
Default Thursday 21st May, 2020, 20:59

A requirement of lvl 126 to kill revs should be a must, this has been suggested long ago but always ignored. People who have the power to make these dicisions don't have the proper NR pking experience to understand all the hassle and the shitfest that goes behind the scene, all the downleveling and "cat and mouse" game it's a complete joke. 

Now regarding scouts it's never been a huge problem imo, if you really wanna hit someone who's been risking alot at revs, if you're smart and good enough you will eventually kill that player who's been avoiding you, nevertheless I think scouts should be banned, the only problem is there's just no way to regulate it and make it fair for everyone.

• Setting a minimum level to enter the wilderness it's gonna be the same shit unless you set it to 100+.
  • Only 1 account in the wilderness per IP? You can simply use a VPN and no one will ever have good enough proof against you.
Edited by I Drop

Unread
  (#0)
Default Friday 22nd May, 2020, 00:06

I still don't see why we are muting or banning people for killing scouts. If they're in the wilderness they should be allowed to be farmed. Not if it is your scout or your friends, no cheating. So you can't set up with someone and just repeatedly kill them or your own scout. But if there are scouts in the wilderness that you have no relation to, they are IN THE WILDERNESS. Aka they should be allowed to be killed if they keep coming back. Like I said though, as long as you aren't cheating as you do this.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Friday 22nd May, 2020, 09:12
13 hours ago, I Drop said:

A requirement of lvl 126 to kill revs should be a must, this has been suggested long ago but always ignored. People who have the power to make these dicisions don't have the proper NR pking experience to understand all the hassle and the shitfest that goes behind the scene, all the downleveling and "cat and mouse" game it's a complete joke. 

Now regarding scouts it's never been a huge problem imo, if you really wanna hit someone who's been risking alot at revs, if you're smart and good enough you will eventually kill that player who's been avoiding you, nevertheless I think scouts should be banned, the only problem is there's just no way to regulate it and make it fair for everyone.

• Setting a minimum level to enter the wilderness it's gonna be the same shit unless you set it to 100+.
  • Only 1 account in the wilderness per IP? You can simply use a VPN and no one will ever have good enough proof against you.

10 hours ago, Echoes said:

I still don't see why we are muting or banning people for killing scouts. If they're in the wilderness they should be allowed to be farmed. Not if it is your scout or your friends, no cheating. So you can't set up with someone and just repeatedly kill them or your own scout. But if there are scouts in the wilderness that you have no relation to, they are IN THE WILDERNESS. Aka they should be allowed to be killed if they keep coming back. Like I said though, as long as you aren't cheating as you do this.

The topic here is not that scouts shouldn't be a thing, or that killing others' scouts shouldn't be allowed. The topic that needs to be discussed is the way pking has been minimalized to killing scouts for pkp, and not even bothering with mains because scouts will always return and require no effort or risk to kill. The scouts offer the same rewards as killing mains do at 1/10th of the effort, and ultimately ruins the pvp scene, because, like I said, what's the point in hunting mains if you can camp the same scouts over and overs? 

Scouting in general and killing said scouts is a natural part of the game, and both has and IS a thing on osrs and all other rsps's, but NONE of said succesful games offer actual rewards for killing scouts. It's just destructive to the pking scene in general. 

Unread
  (#0)
Default Friday 22nd May, 2020, 16:20
7 hours ago, Rytur said:

The topic here is not that scouts shouldn't be a thing, or that killing others' scouts shouldn't be allowed. The topic that needs to be discussed is the way pking has been minimalized to killing scouts for pkp, and not even bothering with mains because scouts will always return and require no effort or risk to kill. The scouts offer the same rewards as killing mains do at 1/10th of the effort, and ultimately ruins the pvp scene, because, like I said, what's the point in hunting mains if you can camp the same scouts over and overs? 

Scouting in general and killing said scouts is a natural part of the game, and both has and IS a thing on osrs and all other rsps's, but NONE of said succesful games offer actual rewards for killing scouts. It's just destructive to the pking scene in general. 

Yeah I have received some more info and also thought it through and now I completely disagree with my first statement. It made no sense and I have to stand with the staff on this one. I’m recanting my original argument, if you will.