Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server

Go Back   Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server > Announcements > News > Dev Blog
Reload this Page The Chambers of Xeric

Sign in to follow this  
Arham

The Chambers of Xeric

36 posts in this topic

Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 8th July, 2020, 07:07
2 minutes ago, L 00 t 4 lif said:

Damn Arham; you did great! I work with developers in real life and can approve keeping ur work logged as a developer is something special! Ur mindset and knowledge could be useful for everyone using developers, but we got you here:wub:

I think we all should be glad having a developer like you. I hope you understand why the community has been complaining to false promises. I admire your hard work, but I won't say sorry for complaining due the communication towards us. This kind of threads is what we need instead of a random delay. 

I will have the patience and faith. I will return (and a lot of others) once raids is finished. So don't you even listen to the otter comments about leaving this server.

We admire you Godham☆☆☆☆☆

The apology for the complaining is not expected. Its a standard the community should hold the developers to. Too much leniency is not productive. What is productive with said strict standards is the community being responsive during these tough times in not too hostile tones when explanations, albeit really sad to admit, are given. (:

---

The crabs' puzzle room has been quality assured!

7vq6twY.gif

I really wish I could bring myself to find the GFX for when it actually reached the gem. It exists, but God knows what ID it is, lol.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 8th July, 2020, 09:26
9 hours ago, Rytur said:

will matter

Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 8th July, 2020, 09:31
1 hour ago, Digi22 said:

w-

Unread
  (#0)
Default Thursday 9th July, 2020, 17:28

@Arham

yo quick question. The actual combat system (or animations idk) is kinda off. Some npc's wont even turn to att you, neither will the character turn to att an npc.

Wouldn't raids be affected if ur trying to work on an already faulty combat system? and wouldnt raids be broken again if said system or bugs were someday to be fixed?

Unread
  (#0)
Default Thursday 9th July, 2020, 20:33
2 hours ago, hahahihi said:

@Arham

yo quick question. The actual combat system (or animations idk) is kinda off. Some npc's wont even turn to att you, neither will the character turn to att an npc.

Wouldn't raids be affected if ur trying to work on an already faulty combat system? and wouldnt raids be broken again if said system or bugs were someday to be fixed?

Development is divided into branches. For example:

image.png

The flow right now, for example, is:

<- crabs
test <- raids
                     <- creature-keeper

So we would fix some combat stuff in something, sort of like this:

<- crabs
test <- raids
                     <- creature-keeper
       <- combat-fixes

combat-fixes would merge to test, raids would rebase from test to get the combat changes, and then the crabs and creature-keeper branches (which probably won't exist at that time) would rebase from raids (if they need the combat changes. For example, both of those rooms don't need it, since they are puzzle rooms, but in the case its a boss, surely they would be rebased to be updated too).

But that is a good point to think about.

---

The Creature keeper room has been quality assured by myself!

cOBTyK1.gif

Optimum yesterday was working on quality assuring the Tightrope puzzle. He found some bigger issues related to Ranged combat itself, so I hope we can make some fast progress on that end.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Thursday 9th July, 2020, 21:20

I know you can't give an exact date but can we at least get a time fram. It's been delayed for months on end, im not waiting another month wasting my time. If this shit aint done by the end of the month im leaving nr for good, and according to the player base thats how the community feels aswell.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Friday 10th July, 2020, 16:38
19 hours ago, Doofenshirts said:

I know you can't give an exact date but can we at least get a time fram. It's been delayed for months on end, im not waiting another month wasting my time. If this shit aint done by the end of the month im leaving nr for good, and according to the player base thats how the community feels aswell.

u will be missed.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Friday 10th July, 2020, 16:38

Ty ham!

Unread
  (#0)
Default Saturday 11th July, 2020, 00:02

Getting so happy to see this progress. Keep this work up!

Unread
  (#0)
Default Sunday 26th July, 2020, 02:23

Will personally continue hopefully on Monday. Sorry for the absence of progress.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Contains New Posts   Forum Contains New Posts
Contains No New Posts   Forum Contains No New Posts