Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server

Go Back   Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server > General Discussion > Feedback > Suggestions
Reload this Page Revert combat changes

I Drop

Revert combat changes

19 posts in this topic

Unread
  (#0)
Default Revert combat changes - Wednesday 8th July, 2020, 14:21

Just revert combat changes, it's impossible to deep wild pk anymore I'm in max full zuriels splashing 8 times in a row, vesta switch hitting 0s and range the same shit. This server is already lacking with promised PvM content (raids) so let's not mess it all up by continuing to ignore the pvp issues.

Alot of deep wildy pkers already gave their feedback and share the same opinion, so I'd like to know if this is being discussed or just ignored.

Thanks

P.S: I've been pking for this entire week since release and my opinion is based on multiple pvp encounters done by me and my clan.

Edited by I Drop

Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 8th July, 2020, 14:27

+1 Been on for the majority of the week trying to pk and something needs to be done ASAP!

Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 8th July, 2020, 14:30

Melee and mage seem very off in terms of accuracy and something needs to be done ASAP!

Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 8th July, 2020, 14:31

Max set cant hit shit to a fucking guywith the wrong prot prayer  cant even refreeze

Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 8th July, 2020, 15:47

I personally think that it was a nice change to see the combat trying to more accurately reflect the osrs combat by not allowing a person to slap 40s constantly through 350 defence, but I do have to agree it's a bit too much.

A possibility would be to find a better balance between how accuracy/Defence functions. In the past everything would hit 24/7 no matter what you were wearing. Some items like the Acb seemed to have some kind of individual unique code beyond just the stats, and would hit 9 out of 10 bolts, whereas the rcb would hit once every 10 bolt despite the item bonuses being close to exactly the same. It just made no sense? (Prior to the combat update, d scim was also a lot more accurate than Abyssal whip, though obviously the max hits were not the same. This was discovered in mbox ::ffas, and I still remember it even now.)

Now the problem on the other hand is that seemingly nothing hits anything, ever. So we've just jumped to the opposite side of the scale.

It's all about finding that sweet spot. Reverting the combat update will effectively do nothing, and put the combat in the entirely same, miserable state as it is now despite being different.

Edited by Rytur

Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 8th July, 2020, 16:16
29 minutes ago, Rytur said:

I personally think that it was a nice change to see the combat trying to more accurately reflect the osrs combat by not allowing a person to slap 40s constantly through 350 defence, but I do have to agree it's a bit too much.

A possibility would be to find a better balance between how accuracy/Defence functions. In the past everything would hit 24/7 no matter what you were wearing. Some items like the Acb seemed to have some kind of individual unique code beyond just the stats, and would hit 9 out of 10 bolts, whereas the rcb would hit once every 10 bolt despite the item bonuses being close to exactly the same. It just made no sense? (Prior to the combat update, d scim was also a lot more accurate than Abyssal whip, though obviously the max hits were not the same. This was discovered in mbox ::ffas, and I still remember it even now.)

Now the problem on the other hand is that seemingly nothing hits anything, ever. So we've just jumped to the opposite side of the scale.

It's all about finding that sweet spot. Reverting the combat update will effectively do nothing, and put the combat in the entirely same, miserable state as it is now despite being different.

I agree, I previously suggested to change defense/accuracy values or whatever they actually changed but since Arham is currently busy with raids it would be easier to just rollback those changes.

Right now it's just not possible to pk in singles if your opponent is trying to escape. Nothing ever hits, they can even be in full melee gear off pray, you will keep splashing even in max.

Edited by I Drop

Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 8th July, 2020, 16:26
1 hour ago, I Drop said:

I agree, I previously suggested to change defense/accuracy values or whatever they actually changed but since Arham is currently busy with raids it would be easier to just rollback those changes.

Right now it's just not possible to pk in singles if your opponent is trying to escape. Nothing ever hits, they can even be in full melee gear off pray, you will keep splashing even in max.

Im pretty sure its optidad that is responsible for the combat. 

We were doing some testings in regards to magic accuracy on the live server and I talked about how there's like a 30% chance to hit a barrage with +10 magic attack against someone with or w/o imbued heart, with or w/o augury and like 160 magic defence. I wanted him to change some values in regards to magic accuracy, but was told it was fine the way it is. Additionally I wouldn't know what needed to be changed anyway, as he was the only one that could read the values and numbers popping up upon attacks, which is a developer thing. I could see this if I wanted to test in beta-world, but I'm not beta-tester anyway... So yeah.

My point is if you get beta-access you can test out combat accuracy and talk to optidad regarding what needs changing and mess around with Accuracy/Defence values with him to find optimal accuracy/defence. Send in an application to the beta team if it's really something you want to be part of fixing. 

Edited by Rytur

Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 8th July, 2020, 16:42
13 minutes ago, Rytur said:

My point is if you get beta-access you can test out combat accuracy and talk to optidad regarding what needs changing and mess around with Accuracy/Defence values with him to find optimal accuracy/defence. Send in an application to the beta team if it's really something you want to be part of fixing.

I've actually talked to staff to help them QA Raids and surely would be of my utmost interest to help fix combat, the thing is if they don't show any interest I'm not gonna waste my time. I'm not applying for anything, I've offered my help now it's up to them if they want it or not.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 8th July, 2020, 16:57
1 hour ago, I Drop said:

I've actually talked to staff to help them QA Raids and surely would be of my utmost interest to help fix combat, the thing is if they don't show any interest I'm not gonna waste my time. I'm not applying for anything, I've offered my help now it's up to them if they want it or not.

Know that the staff team isn't even in on content fixing and other things themselves. I know they've been allowed to test raids, but everything else is advisor+, so yeah you'd have to talk to Cayleb or Will directly.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Thursday 9th July, 2020, 15:11
23 hours ago, Rytur said:

the old combat system was way to accurate, but right now its not even fun to pk. A kid in full rune and black d hides can outtank u on a 5 min tb while ur in really good gear. This shouldnt be possible. The wildy is already dead; the pk shops are even more garbage, gano is still garbage, wildy bosses are still pretty garbage, bh shop is not even worth to open. Atleast bring back the old combat system so its worth it to go pk.

Also; fix the fkn gmaul delay