Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server

Go Back   Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server > General Discussion > Feedback > Suggestions
Reload this Page Revert combat changes

I Drop

Revert combat changes

19 posts in this topic

Unread
  (#0)
Default Thursday 9th July, 2020, 15:47
1 hour ago, unbanme said:

the old combat system was way to accurate, but right now its not even fun to pk. A kid in full rune and black d hides can outtank u on a 5 min tb while ur in really good gear. This shouldnt be possible. The wildy is already dead; the pk shops are even more garbage, gano is still garbage, wildy bosses are still pretty garbage, bh shop is not even worth to open. Atleast bring back the old combat system so its worth it to go pk.

Also; fix the fkn gmaul delay 

I agree the pkp store, the killstreaks being reset upon logging, the bh store and all that should be reverted. There's no incentive to pk at all right now, and Will is aware. The problem is that right now I'm sure they're trying to get raids up and running. Additionally, when I confronted will what happened to the pvp updates promised with v14 he just said he doesn't know. 

From what I understand by talking to the staff team and to Will it doesn't seem to be any structure in how they prioritize updates, or how they get implemented. The staff team in general doesn't even have any influence in updating content, nor do they get access to help out with anything.

In other words, updates are made by people that don't play the game, so it's no surprise when the update turns out to flop hard. I don't know the specifics of who is to blame, nor does it really matter because we're not out to lynch anyone. I'm just saying it's not the general staff team's fault. 

Edited by Rytur

Unread
  (#0)
Default Thursday 9th July, 2020, 16:24
19 minutes ago, Rytur said:

I agree the pkp store, the killstreaks being reset upon logging, the bh store and all that should be reverted. There's no incentive to pk at all right now, and Will is aware. The problem is that right now I'm sure they're trying to get raids up and running. Additionally, when I confronted will what happened to the pvp updates promised with v14 he just said he doesn't know. 

From what I understand by talking to the staff team and to Will it doesn't seem to be any structure in how they prioritize updates, or how they get implemented. The staff team in general doesn't even have any influence in updating content, nor do they get access to help out with anything.

In other words, updates are made by people that don't play the game, so it's no surprise when the update turns out to flop hard. I don't know the specifics of who is to blame, nor does it really matter because we're not out to lynch anyone. I'm just saying it's not the general staff team's fault. 

I mean we all know this shit is a cash grab for will, he doesnt care about the community or anything at all and he proved himself again this relaunch. I dont get why the staff team doesnt resign tbh, they have the worst management above them and they are the face of the game. They get all the shit over them and since u say they cant do anythign about it i really feel bad for them being in this abusive relationship with greedy jacmob

Unread
  (#0)
Default Thursday 9th July, 2020, 16:30

Agree, revert. Revert pathing also.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Tuesday 21st July, 2020, 11:00

Always remember that damage amount, what you hit, is not accuracy. Protection prayers do not increase / decrease accuracy. We will have time to modify the current formulas and tweak them. 

Regarding a "revert", we are much closer to a better combat accuracy system than previous. As stated in this thread by multiple people; you could hit through everything. I and a couple of top tier pkers have compared osrs with n-r, although we never used 10,000 + spell casts to have a better accuracy rate, we still produces great accuracy from how our testing was. All this testing was done on multiple accounts with multiple gear setups. 

We will certainly look into tweaking around with the accuracy. And again; remember that damage does NOT equal accuracy. Accuracy is entirely RNG focused, 25% chance of hitting doesn't guarantee every 4th hit is a successful hit.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Tuesday 21st July, 2020, 19:17
8 hours ago, optidad said:

Always remember that damage amount, what you hit, is not accuracy.

I specifically referred to hitting zeros or splashing and that is an accuracy problem.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Tuesday 21st July, 2020, 20:26
1 hour ago, I Drop said:

I specifically referred to hitting zeros or splashing and that is an accuracy problem.

That wasn't specifically targeted at what you said, but what someone else said regarding protection prayers.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 22nd July, 2020, 04:29

And I understand reverting it back is surely not the best thing to do, but knowing that nothing will get updated anytime soon I rather have the old one while we wait for a revised version of it. 

Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 22nd July, 2020, 23:04
18 hours ago, I Drop said:

And I understand reverting it back is surely not the best thing to do, but knowing that nothing will get updated anytime soon I rather have the old one while we wait for a revised version of it. 

So you'd rather have a combat where u hit nearly 99% of the time or a system where you actually have a chance of not hitting?

Unread
  (#0)
Default Thursday 23rd July, 2020, 03:30
4 hours ago, optidad said:

So you'd rather have a combat where u hit nearly 99% of the time or a system where you actually have a chance of not hitting?

You clearly didn't QA test pvp, I'm gonna leave it at that.