Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server

Go Back   Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server > General Discussion > Feedback > Suggestions
Reload this Page Don't wait for perfection

Sign in to follow this  
Neuron

Don't wait for perfection

17 posts in this topic

Unread
  (#0)
Default Sunday 19th July, 2020, 14:20
8 hours ago, 99 skilla said:

You're a moron if you think 60 players play this. He either has a player multiplier or pc starts at a set number. A more realistic figure would be 20ish 

Damn, 20? I expected RSPS shit to die off after a few years so I shouldn't be surprised, but this game used to pull around the 1000s in 2011.

Why do you all still play RSPSs anyway? OSRS is good enough right?

Unread
  (#0)
Default Sunday 19th July, 2020, 14:41

OSRS progress is too slow and I don't have the time to devote to it 

Unread
  (#0)
Default Sunday 19th July, 2020, 16:26
1 hour ago, CoronaChamp said:

OSRS progress is too slow and I don't have the time to devote to it 

Sounds like you'll be at the level for raids and everything else that people are demanding by the time these devs get it in.

Seriously though, there are so many quick/AFK options to get maxed in OSRS now. You can get max melee while you work/do school etc. so there's not even an excuse.

I just don't see how people justify the easy/less rewarding (And buggy, dead, shady) route of RSPS shit anymore. That's why only 20 people are online. It made sense before 2013, but in 2020? Come on.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Sunday 19th July, 2020, 22:51

has anyone noticed that not one single staff member has responded to this post lol. what do the staff even do? and whered jacmob?

Unread
  (#0)
Default Monday 20th July, 2020, 16:40
On 19.7.2020 at 6:26 PM, Fear` said:

Sounds like you'll be at the level for raids and everything else that people are demanding by the time these devs get it in.

Seriously though, there are so many quick/AFK options to get maxed in OSRS now. You can get max melee while you work/do school etc. so there's not even an excuse.

I just don't see how people justify the easy/less rewarding (And buggy, dead, shady) route of RSPS shit anymore. That's why only 20 people are online. It made sense before 2013, but in 2020? Come on.

Rsps attracts people for different reasons. Some like the simplicity in it, some just like the fact that its different.

Personally I first started in 2009 because I could use member items for free and shit and as a kid I was mindblown being able to wear abby whips and godswords and everything seeing as I had only ever dreamt of being members. This actually made me enjoy rs even more because it unlocked knowledge about the member content I never knew existed and ultimately led to me finding a way to get membership as a 12 year old. 

The pking scene and as such clanning can often be more intriguing on private servers than on OSRS. In addition it's very easy to switch rsps if you don't like it. They're all different, and most share some common traits, being quicker xp rates and whatnot. This means that if you play it, you're not forced to commit hours after hours to unlock content like you are on OSRS.

Also, rsps's are generally smaller communities, which means their voices are more specific and also more likely to be heard (Not always however. This server being a prime example). 

On OSRS you actually have to devote many hundreds of hours before you can even get a taste of the late game. Like, I have played runescape and rsps's ever since 2006, and I can do all the technical stuff in the games (Like prayer flicking without losing a single prayer point, woox walking vorkath, soloing certain bosses and more). What I can't do, at least not anymore, is commit enough time to it to feel like I'm actually progressing on the account. With goals being further and further stretched aparts, requiring more hours, and my own IRL responsibilities growing with age, you just end up feeling like you can play for a month and gain no progress at all.

Edited by Rytur

Unread
  (#0)
Default Tuesday 21st July, 2020, 00:19

True,

Would like to see them fixing some bugs first:)