Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server

OSNR
Join Our Discord for OSRS GP Giveaways!

Go Back   Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server > Announcements > News > Dev Blog
Reload this Page Development Blog | January 19th, 2021

Development Blog | January 19th, 2021

Unread
  (#201888)
Default Development Blog | January 19th, 2021 - Wednesday 20th January, 2021, 23:30

Hello Community Members of Near-Reality,

As we continually re-write many of the base systems that are present in Near-Reality, we come closer and closer to launching. With Optimum joining us, it brings us a lot of knowledge and experience to finalize everything necessary. This Development Blog is a continuation to the most previous one. Without further ado,

From Optimum -

"I understand that everyone has lost trust, so this is why i will personally show you more behind the scenes to show that things are really being worked on, this wasn't my plan, however i think it could restore some more trust within the community of near-reality and give a further insight to a actual "launch" that has been promised."

Before:

After:

While this isn't perfect at all. It's a major improvement towards projectile clipping. We are now working on NPC movement which is one of the final pieces to the puzzle.

Mod Jacmob

Near-Reality Development Team

Unread
  (#201889)
Default Wednesday 20th January, 2021, 23:58

Thanks opti <3

Unread
  (#201890)
Default Thursday 21st January, 2021, 01:35

Nice

Unread
  (#201891)
Default Thursday 21st January, 2021, 02:16

Pog

Unread
  (#201892)
Default Thursday 21st January, 2021, 12:25
10 hours ago, Blood Buns said:

Pog

gers

Unread
  (#201893)
Default Thursday 21st January, 2021, 19:30
20 hours ago, Mod Jacmob said:

Hello Community Members of Near-Reality,

As we continually re-write many of the base systems that are present in Near-Reality, we come closer and closer to launching. With Optimum joining us, it brings us a lot of knowledge and experience to finalize everything necessary. This Development Blog is a continuation to the most previous one. Without further ado,

From Optimum -

"I understand that everyone has lost trust, so this is why i will personally show you more behind the scenes to show that things are really being worked on, this wasn't my plan, however i think it could restore some more trust within the community of near-reality and give a further insight to a actual "launch" that has been promised."

Before:

After:

While this isn't perfect at all. It's a major improvement towards projectile clipping. We are now working on NPC movement which is one of the final pieces to the puzzle.

Mod Jacmob

Near-Reality Development Team

Might want to look into npc aggro in this room.

If comparing with osrs, the NPC's never aggro you UNLESS you either attack that specific npc, or if you try to cross the rope. (This means, if you attack one of the mages, only that one mager will retaliate, the rest of NPC's are dormant until each is attacked. When crossing the rope however, they will all attack you simultanously. On the other hand, if you've made all the npc's aggro the members of the team that are not crossing the rope, the person crossing will not take any hits, as the npc's are busy attacking other players. ) 

It's meant to be this way so that the team can control who tanks the hits, very essential when trying to complete fast raids. Also lets the team split the amount of damage between certain players. Some players might have fewer supplies left than others, so this is a pretty key feature. 

No idea how similar you want this to be to osrs, but figured I'd point it out. 

Edited by Rytur

Unread
  (#201894)
Default Thursday 21st January, 2021, 23:46
4 hours ago, Rytur said:

Might want to look into npc aggro in this room.

If comparing with osrs, the NPC's never aggro you UNLESS you either attack that specific npc, or if you try to cross the rope. (This means, if you attack one of the mages, only that one mager will retaliate, the rest of NPC's are dormant until each is attacked. When crossing the rope however, they will all attack you simultanously. On the other hand, if you've made all the npc's aggro the members of the team that are not crossing the rope, the person crossing will not take any hits, as the npc's are busy attacking other players. ) 

It's meant to be this way so that the team can control who tanks the hits, very essential when trying to complete fast raids. Also lets the team split the amount of damage between certain players. Some players might have fewer supplies left than others, so this is a pretty key feature. 

No idea how similar you want this to be to osrs, but figured I'd point it out. 

This Development Blog has no warrant over Raids, it's simply the Clipping and Projectile systems we are displaying. Rooms must be tested and Bug Busted after Movement, Clipping and Projectiles are done.

Unread
  (#201895)
Default Friday 22nd January, 2021, 10:39
10 hours ago, Mod Jacmob said:

This Development Blog has no warrant over Raids, it's simply the Clipping and Projectile systems we are displaying. Rooms must be tested and Bug Busted after Movement, Clipping and Projectiles are done.

Ok, sorry, won't do it again.