Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server

OSNR
Join Our Discord for OSRS GP Giveaways!

Go Back   Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server > Announcements > News > Dev Blog
Reload this Page Development Blog | January 24th, 2021

Development Blog | January 24th, 2021

Unread
  (#201908)
Default Development Blog | January 24th, 2021 - Sunday 24th January, 2021, 18:21

Hello Everyone, hope we are all well during these strange times!

This is your daily Sunday update about what I have been working on for the past week (weekends only).

After successfully finishing projectile clipping, I am happy enough to mark this as complete, there was some minor issues related to projectile clipping itself that will be fixed at some point (noted these bugs).

This clipping change will mean more accurate projectile pathing to OSRS.

I had another post somewhere regarding movement and clipping, I have changed focus after projectiles and a solid base for movement and clipping to raids….

Raids…

Let’s talk about what we want to, as you may know, raids has been worked on by multiple people and changed throughout the months/years. There’s a LOT of code involved with raids, a lot of salvageable code too, code that I am reusing and code that I need to personally understand.

The main issue with raids is clipping data based on dynamic map generation. This is a great breakthrough to discover and will be fixed when I get a better understanding of the dynamic maps themselves and how the clipping data is transferred to the dynamic map and referenced. Right now I have identified a mistake in the offsets of referencing tiles, based on regions and certain maps will not have the correct offset.

R41MbO3.png

This issue shall be addressed promptly when I implement a solution that will not break everything.

This has always been a big problem in raids and there is a lot of math that I need to understand. I have been at the whiteboard drawing up a lot of different math solutions and stuff but this is not an easy task to do as I have had no prior experience in this field, although, I am very confident I can get this working fine.

I have also got familiar with dynamic map generation itself being able to generate a map (set map atm, only specific rotations).

I have also watched a lot of raid videos to get an idea of how it all comes together.

I think a first step would have a 1 level room generating, with olm at the end.

Even if this means that most rooms are missing, it’s a necessary step for getting near-reality released out again. As long as this generation can be stable and cause not a lot of problems.

Raids - Map Preview - YouTube 

Thanks for reading this post, I cannot currently give a time when raids will be released, and next week (1st February, 2021) I am moving house, so that weekend I will be preparing to move and will not be able to proceed onwards with raids until the following weekend. Thanks for understanding, I currently have a job outside of RSPS and some IRL stuff I am involved with, this progress may appear slow but it’s certainly progressing.  

Maybe next week I will have an update if I work throughout the week 

Thanks, and take care,

Optimum

Unread
  (#201909)
Default Sunday 24th January, 2021, 18:24

Thank you Optidad!

Unread
  (#201910)
Default Sunday 24th January, 2021, 18:28

Cool thanks Opti!

Unread
  (#201911)
Default Sunday 24th January, 2021, 18:31

Nice! Looking forward to more progress 

Unread
  (#201912)
Default Sunday 24th January, 2021, 20:16

thanks for keeping up upto date, its all we wanted :(

Unread
  (#201915)
Default Monday 25th January, 2021, 09:12

looking good, thanks @Optimum

Unread
  (#201917)
Default Monday 25th January, 2021, 18:13

Can't wait, thank you!

Unread
  (#201918)
Default Tuesday 26th January, 2021, 03:12

Thank you for your transparency, and good luck in your efforts!

Unread
  (#201919)
Default Tuesday 26th January, 2021, 04:09
56 minutes ago, UimPsy said:

Thank you for your transparency, and good luck in your efforts!

This