Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server

Near-Reality is re-launching on April 9th, 2021
Join our Discord for OSRS GP Giveaways!

Go Back   Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server > Announcements > News > Dev Blog
Reload this Page Development Blog | February 21st, 2021

Sign in to follow this  
Optimum

Development Blog | February 21st, 2021

43 posts in this topic

Unread
  (#0)
Default Monday 22nd February, 2021, 07:27
8 minutes ago, Jase said:

because there is just too many table changes to show them all.

• Kraken (Wilderness Drop Table) Pet added at 1/1.5k
  • Kraken (Out of Wilderness) 1/1 drops added
  • Zilyana drop table adjusted
  • K'ril Tsutsaroth drop table updated
  • General Graardor drop table adjustments
  • Kree'arra drop table adjustments
  • Revenent Knight drop table adjustments
  • Kalphite Queen drop table adjustments
  • Hope Devourer and Bulwark Beast cash drop reduction
  • Tormented Demons have had the Dragon Kite removed from their drop table
  • King Black Dragon cash drop reduction
  • Corporeal Beast Runes, Dragon Bones, and Black D'hide drops reduced
  • Phoenix; Super Mystery Box and Legendary Mystery Box drop rates fixed
  • Thermonuclear Smoke Devil useless sell value items have been removed
  • KBD table updated
  • Kraken wilderness and non wilderness tables updated
  • Avatar of creation and destruction wildy tables updated
  • Demonic gorillas standard tables adjusted / moved to the crash site cavern
  • Chaos elemental LDI drop table updated

thats just a few of them haha

''Chaos elemental drop table updated'' 

Means so little if it's not possible to see the change.

''Phoenix mystery boxes drop rates changed''. Like, why at least not post the new unique items added and their drop rates? (Or the drop rates that were changed?)

Like ''Phoenix; Super mystery box and legendary mystery drop rate changed from 1/x and 1/x to 1/10x and 1/20x respectively'' 

Was that too much effort, or are the changes just that irrelevant? Is there really any point in making the post if you're not even gonna tell us what was changed? 

Edited by Rytur

Unread
  (#0)
Default Monday 22nd February, 2021, 07:39
10 minutes ago, Rytur said:

''Chaos elemental drop table updated'' 

Means so little if it's not possible to see the change.

''Phoenix mystery boxes drop rates changed''. Like, why at least not post the new unique items added and their drop rates? (Or the drop rates that were changed?)

Like ''Phoenix; Super mystery box and legendary mystery drop rate changed from 1/x and 1/x to 1/10x and 1/20x respectively'' 

Was that too much effort, or are the changes just that irrelevant? Is there really any point in making the post if you're not even gonna tell us what was changed? 

I think the point of the post was to focus more on the devs work and progress instead of what the staff team have been doing behind the scenes

Unread
  (#0)
Default Monday 22nd February, 2021, 07:42
Just now, Jase said:

I think the point of the post was to focus more on the devs work and progress instead of what the staff team have been doing behind the scenes

So make a separate update thread for the drop rate changes showing it in full detail. 

I can't understand your refusal to show the drop rate changes in detail. 

Unread
  (#0)
Default Monday 22nd February, 2021, 07:48
Just now, Rytur said:

So make a separate update thread for the drop rate changes showing it in full detail. 

I can't understand your refusal to show the drop rate changes in detail. 

personally i don't see the point in going into detail of every single change on the drop tables we can't do side by side comparisons as they have already been changed so you would just be seeing reduced item quantities, decreased drop rates aswell as increased drop rates.

it's not down to refusal to do that it just wasn't the main focus of the dev blog

Unread
  (#0)
Default Monday 22nd February, 2021, 07:50
6 minutes ago, Jase said:

personally i don't see the point in going into detail of every single change on the drop tables we can't do side by side comparisons as they have already been changed so you would just be seeing reduced item quantities, decreased drop rates aswell as increased drop rates.

it's not down to refusal to do that it just wasn't the main focus of the dev blog

Why update the game and not show what was updated. It's like saying

''Dragon claws now have a new max hit'' 

''Changed the strength bonus of elder maul''

''Changed amount of hp brews heal''

Ok?? Changed to what?? It's not like anyone can go experience the changes first hand and figure out, because the game is down, so the least you can do is explain what changed. You're either being lazy or you genuinly don't see the purpose in what I'm asking for, which is worrying.

At this point you can just write ''Today, the game was updated'' in every dev blog or update thread and leave it at that, because appearently details don't matter and what's important to you guys is that an update happened, not what the update actually does.

Edited by Rytur

Unread
  (#0)
Default Monday 22nd February, 2021, 07:56
1 minute ago, Rytur said:

Why update the game and not show what was updated. It's like saying

''Dragon claws now have a new max hit'' 

''Changed the strength bonus of elder maul''

''Changed amount of hp brews heal''

Ok?? Changed to what??

They would be things that would be explained in detail.

but for example changing rune ore (4) 1/2 to rune ore (2) 1/6  it's not going to drastically change the game it was just an addition to the dev post to let people know what the staff team have been working on in the background.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Monday 22nd February, 2021, 07:58
6 minutes ago, Jase said:

They would be things that would be explained in detail.

but for example changing rune ore (4) 1/2 to rune ore (2) 1/6  it's not going to drastically change the game it was just an addition to the dev post to let people know what the staff team have been working on in the background.

Which is why I asked if the updates are minor changes to shit items, or in regards to the unique items, to which you responded that there was a mix, which in return begs the question to why you're refusing to show those details when there's clearly some new drop tables and new uniques for some of the bosses? 

I'm not gonna continue the argument because this is pure stupidity. I'm asking to see what drop tables changed and you're refusing to spend 2 seconds of your life to copy n paste the list of changes you've likely got in the staff chat. I know the stigma around me and you're probably seeing this as me being toxic, trying to cause shit over nothing when really I just wanted to see what changed.

I'll leave it alone, but like I said earlier, you might as well just write the same sentence ''Game was updated'' and leave it at that in every update thread and dev blog at this point, since you're not showing details on major updates. 

Edited by Rytur

Unread
  (#0)
Default Monday 22nd February, 2021, 08:02
1 minute ago, Rytur said:

Which is why I asked if the updates are minor changes to shit items, or in regards to the unique items, to which you responded that there was a mix, which in return begs the question to why you're not showing those details when they're clearly major changes? 

Because things like the world boss are not finalised yet, as well as other content so once they are i'm sure you will see a follow on post reguarding them with their respected drop tables attached.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Monday 22nd February, 2021, 15:15
7 hours ago, Rytur said:

so why not show these changes :/

All in time. I did the changes and it took forever. Information already provided in the initial post that can give you an idea on some of the changes is that the dragon kite shield was removed from tormented demons as well as the bulk runes and supplies from corporeal beast were heavily reduced.

Something I can disclose that won’t give anything major away is that we went ahead and fixed many drops by bosses that were unnoted. Now pretty much all drops are noted so players don’t have to pick and choose what items to loot. This will enable them to get more out of each trip than before.

Unread
  (#0)
Default Monday 22nd February, 2021, 16:40
22 hours ago, Optimum said:

In other news:

• Chaotic crossbow

Omg finally some ccb news