Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server



Near-Reality is re-launching on April 9th, 2021
Join our Discord for OSRS GP Giveaways!


Go Back   Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server > Announcements > News > Dev Blog
Reload this Page Development Blog | February 21st, 2021

Sign in to follow this  
Optimum

Development Blog | February 21st, 2021

43 posts in this topic

Unread
  (#0)
Default Tuesday 23rd February, 2021, 15:06

Thanks Opti <3:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Report
Unread
  (#0)
Default Tuesday 23rd February, 2021, 15:45
1 hour ago, Blood Buns said:
 

From the two times I’ve been on the staff team, this is the most promising development team I’ve seen. When we go live and have CoX ready, don’t think development of new content for NR will stop. We have lots of plans for content beyond initial release. It isn’t solely hype for CoX but hype for the return of a server we love and optimism that it can grow and future content is great too.

Also, raids is fun. Why would you not be looking forward to it?

The hype around Cox is just gone around these times. It's a large accomplishment for the dev team and the game itself, but people have done so much CoX on osrs by now the excitement is gone. Plus, there's the fact that it was promised in like 2018. Even you should understand that when a piece of content gets hyped up only to be released 3 years later the hype is dead by then. Your argument is basically ''Better late than never'', but from a business standpoint, that excuse isn't really applicable here, and this is after all a private server that very much functions like a business, similar to all the other rsps's. (If you're not providing the players with what they want, in whatever time the player deems acceptable, then they'll leave to a different rsps's where they will.) In comparison to other rsps's, this server has failed on all sides like marketing, content-developing, events and everything.

 

It's promising to hear you think the game can actually progress, but it's just way too late player-wise, and it'll be no surprise to see the game die 2 months after release assuming that the relaunch even brings players (back) in the first place. I'd actually be surprised if the game actually does thrive during and after weeks after the release. 

 

Comparing this NR in 2016 to today's NR after cox release, it'll probably be much greater. Sadly, this game has nothing to differentiate itself from other rsps's, and it fails miserably in what it tries to provide to the player, compared to runescape and the popular rsps's. It's way behind the curve of the other rsps's.

Edited by Rytur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Report
Unread
  (#0)
Default Tuesday 23rd February, 2021, 19:26
3 hours ago, Rytur said:

The hype around Cox is just gone around these times. It's a large accomplishment for the dev team and the game itself, but people have done so much CoX on osrs by now the excitement is gone. Plus, there's the fact that it was promised in like 2018. Even you should understand that when a piece of content gets hyped up only to be released 3 years later the hype is dead by then. Your argument is basically ''Better late than never'', but from a business standpoint, that excuse isn't really applicable here, and this is after all a private server that very much functions like a business, similar to all the other rsps's. (If you're not providing the players with what they want, in whatever time the player deems acceptable, then they'll leave to a different rsps's where they will.) In comparison to other rsps's, this server has failed on all sides like marketing, content-developing, events and everything.

 

It's promising to hear you think the game can actually progress, but it's just way too late player-wise, and it'll be no surprise to see the game die 2 months after release assuming that the relaunch even brings players (back) in the first place. I'd actually be surprised if the game actually does thrive during and after weeks after the release. 

 

Comparing this NR in 2016 to today's NR after cox release, it'll probably be much greater. Sadly, this game has nothing to differentiate itself from other rsps's, and it fails miserably in what it tries to provide to the player, compared to runescape and the popular rsps's. It's way behind the curve of the other rsps's.

 

I think this is a very narrow-minded way of thinking. If this previous content goes uncompleted (e.g. CoX), it puts an RSPS ever further behind the competition, it needs to be up to par with future content planned. Raids was planned in September 2019, Juan promised delivery by January 1st, 2020, which eventually led to the downfall in July with it still not being done. We have to create a baseline and a foundation that we can move on from. The systems designed for Chambers of Xeric will be applicable to nearly all future content to come. We had to take a step back and form a plan moving forward and we did just that. Are we behind the curve? Yes. I don't plan on being behind it for much longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Report
Unread
  (#0)
Default Tuesday 23rd February, 2021, 19:39
On 22-2-2021 at 6:27 PM, Jase said:
 

I fixed that - taken away the ability for it to fire dragon bolts

A tier 80 crossbow that can't use tier 61 bolts? hmmmmmmmmm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Report
Unread
  (#0)
Default Tuesday 23rd February, 2021, 19:49
9 minutes ago, Digi22 said:

A tier 80 crossbow that can't use tier 61 bolts? hmmmmmmmmm

if it was down to me i would yeet rs3 items but it's not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Report
Unread
  (#0)
Default Tuesday 23rd February, 2021, 22:08
1 hour ago, Mod Jacmob said:
 

 

I think this is a very narrow-minded way of thinking. If this previous content goes uncompleted (e.g. CoX), it puts an RSPS ever further behind the competition, it needs to be up to par with future content planned. Raids was planned in September 2019, Juan promised delivery by January 1st, 2020, which eventually led to the downfall in July with it still not being done. We have to create a baseline and a foundation that we can move on from. The systems designed for Chambers of Xeric will be applicable to nearly all future content to come. We had to take a step back and form a plan moving forward and we did just that. Are we behind the curve? Yes. I don't plan on being behind it for much longer.

There's years to catch up on. How exactly do you intend to do that? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Report
Unread
  (#0)
Default Tuesday 23rd February, 2021, 23:49
1 hour ago, Rytur said:

There's years to catch up on. How exactly do you intend to do that? 

 

The content that follows the Chambers of Xeric is far less intensive. Theatre of Blood, Gauntlet, Nightmare of Ashihama, all content that in all honesty is far less complex than Raids. There are very few servers that have Raids to the level of quality I have decided to obtain. It has taken even dedicated teams months to complete Raids. With the complex systems of Raids finally out of the way, we can utilize the systems that were created for Raids and easily adapt new content. With Optimum leading our team, we have brought on JP, Mikan, Assadi and Node to the team. We are organized and ready to deliver every bit of content that NR desires as we have proved every Sunday night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Report
Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 24th February, 2021, 01:43
On 2/22/2021 at 4:08 PM, Jase said:
 

heyyy qt

;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Report
Unread
  (#0)
Default Wednesday 24th February, 2021, 11:01

 

18 hours ago, Mod Jacmob said:
 

The content that follows the Chambers of Xeric is far less intensive. Theatre of Blood, Gauntlet, Nightmare of Ashihama, all content that in all honesty is far less complex than Raids. There are very few servers that have Raids to the level of quality I have decided to obtain. It has taken even dedicated teams months to complete Raids. With the complex systems of Raids finally out of the way, we can utilize the systems that were created for Raids and easily adapt new content. With Optimum leading our team, we have brought on JP, Mikan, Assadi and Node to the team. We are organized and ready to deliver every bit of content that NR desires as we have proved every Sunday night.

 

Right, but what's the endgame here? You can't just copy osrs and/or rsps's and add the content they add. Sure, Cox, Tob and Nightmare will be cool additions, but everyone else has them too. Creating raids even better than the competition doesnt mean anything. If you want flawless raids, osrs already has it. So what makes NR different?

In the past it's been the fact that crosstrading to osrs and vice versa is allowed. That has been the entire reason people joined this rsps for years. Nowadays there are tens and tens of gold sites that buy/sell rsps gold, so this feature is no longer as effective since it's super easy to do crosstrades, legal or not.

So not only is the game gravely behind the competition, there's nothing yet that differentiates it from the other games. So again, what is the endgame plan?

Edited by Rytur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Report
Unread
  (#0)
Default Thursday 25th February, 2021, 10:33
On 2/23/2021 at 9:49 PM, Jase said:
 

if it was down to me i would yeet rs3 items but it's not

thank god its not up to u then, the mix of items makes NR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Report

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


Contains New Posts   Forum Contains New Posts
Contains No New Posts   Forum Contains No New Posts