Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server

Nightmare is Now Here! - Check Out The Update
Bloodlust - Coming Soon!
Join Our Discord for OSRS GP Giveaways!

Go Back   Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server > General Discussion > Feedback > Suggestions
Reload this Page Make it easier and more attractive for new players

Make it easier and more attractive for new players

Unread
  (#208112)
Default Make it easier and more attractive for new players - Sunday 6th June, 2021, 12:42

I apologize in advance for this fairly unstructured text, I hope that something in here will be useful.

As many players including me have noticed, the player count has been declining for some time now. I'm no expert in game design so I don't know exactly what needs to be done in order to encourage more people coming online, but I suggest that we make it a bit easier for new players to get into the game.

I know there is a tutorial but me like a lot of people skip that and get right into the game. The xp rates are already high but why not help new players further by giving them 1 hour of double xp upon joining? There also seems to be some issues with the email input upon registration because a lot of times it complains that it is not a valid email although it is (at least in my experience).

I also suggest that new players should be started in Edge rather than Lumbridge because it gives the server a more lively first look (when choosing a gamemode).

It is also hard for a lot of people to find the shops, I would suggest adding some kind of portal to the edge general store that takes you to them. Another thing is that meanwhile I know it is part of NR to have the 3 random shop locations, perhaps it is best to scrap that idea and have only 1? I feel like it is a bad idea to spread players out when the player population is so small as it has become recently. You don't want players to feel like they are alone on the server.

I would suggest that you try to make voting more attractive, being high ranked on the toplists is what gets people to try out NR. Perhaps change stuff up in the vote shop and or even give rewards for voting multiple days in a row. Like a daily vote thing.

Last but not least, add some activity to home so that it brings players together instead of spreading them out between 10 different donator zones. The first thing you want a new player to see is other players that they are able to interact with like asking for help etc, not people who are afk. I would also love to see a bank and changing the ::edge teleport closer to the wilderness ditch.

Thanks for reading and let me know what you think.

Unread
  (#208113)
Default Sunday 6th June, 2021, 13:10

Not gonna lie, if you skip the tutorial and dont understand it, I wouldnt say to make the game easier to navigate cause its pretty fucking easy. On my 3rd day and I got 13 99's with no knowledge of the game or anything to that extint. If anything needs to change, the game needs a more active "Support" team instead of everyone waiting for a Mod to log in (From what I've seen in my 3 days)

Unread
  (#208114)
Default Sunday 6th June, 2021, 13:37

Not gonna lie, if you skip the tutorial and dont understand it, I wouldnt say to make the game easier to navigate cause its pretty fucking easy. On my 3rd day and I got 13 99's with no knowledge of the game or anything to that extint. If anything needs to change, the game needs a more active "Support" team instead of everyone waiting for a Mod to log in (From what I've seen in my 3 days)

This ^

Unread
  (#208116)
Default Sunday 6th June, 2021, 15:13

So

- forced 5 minute tutorial
- have people spawn in edge as people will already have quit before finding the home teleport button
- have all 30 npcs you can talk to you in one big confusing area
- ruin eco by increasing the vote rewards
- remove the incentive for people to donate

+1 :holyFuck:

Unread
  (#208120)
Default Sunday 6th June, 2021, 15:20

So

- forced 5 minute tutorial
- have people spawn in edge as people will already have quit before finding the home teleport button
- have all 30 npcs you can talk to you in one big confusing area
- ruin eco by increasing the vote rewards
- remove the incentive for people to donate

+1 :holyFuck:

amen

Also, if I make a new account I spawn in edge, not in lumbridge

Unread
  (#208132)
Default Sunday 6th June, 2021, 18:14

yeah... its an amen from me bro

Unread
  (#208139)
Default Sunday 6th June, 2021, 20:32

I think there just needs a better staff team to help with question is all.

Unread
  (#208140)
Default Sunday 6th June, 2021, 20:40

player count will rise again with upcoming content imo

Unread
  (#208150)
Default Monday 7th June, 2021, 01:41

+1 on vote shop change

Unread
  (#208151)
Default Monday 7th June, 2021, 02:04

I liked some of it, didn't know how I felt about other parts. All in all, it's an amen from me.