Nightmare is Now Here! - Check Out The Update
Bloodlust - Coming Soon!
Join Our Discord for OSRS GP Giveaways!

Go Back   Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server > Announcements > News
Reload this Page Bloodlust Official Date Announced, Polls, Upcoming Content

Bloodlust Official Date Announced, Polls, Upcoming Content

Unread
  (#208236)
Default Bloodlust Official Date Announced, Polls, Upcoming Content - Tuesday 8th June, 2021, 18:15

Hello everyone!

Over the past month we have rewritten a multitude of systems within Near Reality. I know many of you have seen the vast bugs that these systems have caused, but with each day I hope you see the improvements we planned for you. We rewrote our data system, everything is loaded ondemand now, we switched nearly 2,000 RS2 maps to use their OSRS variants, objects and so forth. With that we began rewriting Pathing, Clipping and Combat. The Special Attack system was the system that needed the most work, and I know many of you are experiencing issues. These will be resolved, I promise you that.

Official Bloodlust Season 1 Date: July 9th, 2021

Regardless, I just wanted to give you a little backstory on the main events of this past month as it's been quite an undertaking. If our foundation isn't solid, we won't be getting anywhere. For that reason, I have decided to postpone Bloodlust by 1 month(s) time. It is necessary and it will allow us to present an event like no other. I will outline a roadmap below on what we are working on for Bloodlust and how we will be rolling out updates from now on.

On June 4th, we realized on this date we would need more time to perfect the Wilderness, as many of you know there are still concerning bugs at play. We need to rewrite ALL special attacks and make them work like OSRS, the Combat formulas need to be rewritten as well, prayer switches and so forth. I cannot launch Bloodlust with the state of the Wilderness in the middle of seeing the changes it needs.

On June 6th, we initiated a plan moving forward, a one-month-plan that will put us in the perfect spot to be when Bloodlust launches. We also began working on the web-systems and getting it back live so we can test and make sure it's up-to-par. Please read about the roadmap below;

1. Pathing and Clipping
    1. This includes a lot, such as, projectiles, entrances, ladders, objects (e.g. tight rope in Raids) and much more.
    2. This was started by Dread last week, we have made quite a bit of progress.
  2. Combat
    1. Special Attacks
      1. Every Special Attack will be ported over to Heaven's new system when it's tested and known to be working 1:1 with OSRS
    2. Accuracy (Combat Triangle)
      1. We want items to feel like there is a 'combat triangle', I know many of you find there are inconsistencies, so we actually began rewriting combat nearly two weeks ago.
    3. Projectiles & Animations
      1. This was actually included in a recent update, but we fixed projectile queuing and animation queuing making it much more realistic, expect more improvements
  3. Bug Fixes
    1. This is self-explanatory, we must fix every bug within Near-Reality where it pertains to the Wilderness. This doesn't mean we won't be putting in any effort outside of the Wilderness, as my overall plan is currently to fix any and every bug found before moving on to new content. Later in this post I will be speaking about how we will be updating and doing hot-fixes from now on.
  4. Wilderness Achievements
    1. Flint and I got together and we decided there needs to be something in store for our PK-focused community. We want users to be able to obtain a Completionist Cape by putting in effort in the Wilderness. This will allow for two types of Completionist Capes in Near-Reality, both requiring the Max Cape still, simply a different set of Achievements.
      1. The Cape will be unlocked when the user has completed all the Wilderness Achievements, and maxed all of their stats
      2. The Cape will cost PKP instead of GP
      3. The Cape will have unique perks relating to the Wilderness
    2. We have put a ton of work into this update already, and I think it will be quite unique to implement. Albeit we have a lot more to fix before this. But I want to get this released before Bloodlust on July 9th, 2021.

The Roadmap above are broad-strokes but the general ideas that we want to accomplish before Bloodlust. Moving forward we will be updating every Wednesday with updates of substance, these updates will be an accumulation of seven days of work. This does not mean we will not be doing daily hotfixes anymore, but it's simply too stressful for our team to be pumping out updates/content daily.

This final subject I want to touch on is Polls, I will be posting another thread in the next day or so that has all of the questions we want to ask you about regarding Bloodlust, such as Team Caps, Points, Reward Distribution and so much more.

Rewards for Bloodlust are still as follows;

1. 5b OSRS
  2. Winners Cape 1, 2, 3 depending on placement
    1. BIS Capes in PKing

I hope this clears up what we will be working on over the next month, I want to make sure Near-Reality is ready to be played competitively, with little to no bugs within the Wilderness and overall server. Thank you all for your patience!

Achievements.gif

fZV002K7Eh.gif

oQ2lQMwHnv.gif

Mod Jacmob, Heaven, Dread

Near Reality Management Team

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unread
  (#208237)
Default Tuesday 8th June, 2021, 18:22

Nice, I truly can't wait to see everything come together.

Unread
  (#208238)
Default Tuesday 8th June, 2021, 18:24

ty 

Unread
  (#208240)
Default Tuesday 8th June, 2021, 18:31

ty.

btw is there any talk of changing some requirements of the normal comp cape? I believe the normal comp cape should be able to be obtained after putting in enough time. however, if you are just terrible at pking, it is impossible to get the killstreak and emblem achievements even if you do put in tons of time and effort. 

Unread
  (#208242)
Default Tuesday 8th June, 2021, 18:54

Nice let's see

Unread
  (#208243)
Default Tuesday 8th June, 2021, 19:00

Thanks

Unread
  (#208246)
Default Tuesday 8th June, 2021, 19:35

oh no