Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server

OSNR
Join Our Discord for OSRS GP Giveaways!

Go Back   Near-Reality RSPS - Runescape Private Server > General Discussion > Feedback > Suggestions
Reload this Page Player suggestions

Player suggestions

Unread
  (#209825)
Default Player suggestions - Friday 30th July, 2021, 15:06

I’d like you guys to write up suggestions that you have. It makes it so much easier to review them if they are well thought out and written as well as in one place.  Use this thread to reply with any suggestions you have that can improve Near Reality.

Anything can be suggested. As a start, I’d like to look into getting the forums more active besides spam threads.  You guys are more than welcome to use any of the sections to create discussions.  Talk about the game, other games you play, your job, your lack of a love life, or even talk about how much you love mining the star like @Zander.

I’m looking for suggestions about literally all areas: pking, skilling, pvm, forums, staff engagement.  Anything.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Add a 10 min afk logout timer 

This. It's getting ridiculous how you guys won't say ANYTHING about what's going on. Super suspicious, and very unfair to the poor people who actually donated.  Gotta get on the communication asa

TRANSPARANCY IN UPDATE TIMES PLS PSL SPL SLP SLS PL PSL PSLP LSPLS PLS PLSPSL PLSP LSPL PSLPSL 

Unread
  (#209828)
Default Friday 30th July, 2021, 15:57

give out a star miner award once a month to the person who has mined the star the most

Unread
  (#209829)
Default Friday 30th July, 2021, 16:31

LOL there are 20 players (+18 alts) online playing the game. What are you going to do with these suggestions lmao? 

Unread
  (#209830)
Default Friday 30th July, 2021, 16:40

Looking at the state of wilderness slayer task : Add a combat level requirement for getting larrans key drops( maybe combat 110 above will get keys as drop)  and lower combat level gets to only get slayer points. 

Now if you look at wilderness slayers theres level 40s hitting constant 80-90s with craws bows, as a peekayer its not so fun to see someone pvm and get good drops while we are starving in the wilderness only to find level 40s-80s doing wilderness slayer tasks..

With risk comes reward, you shouldnt be able to get larrans keys without risk is my opinion- and probably other pkers in this server :)

Unread
  (#209831)
Default Friday 30th July, 2021, 17:18

Well for starters y'all should have done this so long ago so many more people could tell you what was wrong with the server and you would've gotten much more in-depth feedback but here I go.

Tell Jacmob to hire more developers to help work on it so changes can be pushed faster and smoother. The lack of player base is not a good sign at all especially after a soft reset. The tournaments are a good idea but the pay out for it is so damn slow because the mods/g mods who are on aren't able to pay out because they don't have access to the 07 which are meant for that and that brings to another point about staff activity and engagement. There are three off the top of my head (J0n, Schackel and Prod) who have been very engaging with players and very active and it's awesome but the rest just seem scarce. Honestly, if Jacmob really wants to push through with this server and have it survive, he needs to start advertising more heavily and like I said in the beginning, get extra help on coding the server.

Another suggestion is to make achievements meaningful rather than just a chore for comp. Like have it give you a reward when you complete achievements (i.e. 25 wildy agility courses and rewards for completing that is mbox or something wildy related) which helps new players and on going players to actually complete it and have fun and look forward to getting the rewards rather than a chore step to get comp (Fuck you runite ores). Make mystery boxes show what rewards you can get. Basically, achievements need to be more meaningful for PVM and PK as well (i.e. PK achievement could be kill X amount of players for PKP, etc). Also, more automated tournaments or staff-led events and more world bosses as well aside Gano and Galvek.

Also to actually take in pkers advice on changes. It took so damn long for those changes to come and now it feels like it's too late. This server really did have potential and maybe it still does? Who knows, but at the rate we're going and having such a low player count with how far this server is at... It ain't looking too good.

Either Jacmob does some very good mass advertising and the server gets hyped or we become a dead server known for re-releasing and false promises. Gotta keep up with how current RSPS's are and especially how other RSPS's are much smoother than NR is and it's depressing to see but it is what it is if the owner doesn't listen right away and repeats same mistakes.

Unread
  (#209834)
Default Friday 30th July, 2021, 18:27

There's a lot of people that volunteered to be a staff member and legit would do anything (and put in a lot of time) to make the game better. I think there should be a new stafferman that does all the communication towards the community. 

Currently it feels like (business wise) the owner is selling products (new content), the back end developers are working their ass on these new products (promises) that can't be delivered on the scheduled time which results in some in-game support (ss/mod) to answer all the questions regarding this product while not having a clue of the current status.

Try someone that has knowledge of communication in both functional and technical language. Yes, Jacmob would probably say he is the one doing this, but obviously he doesn't have enough time for this. Involve one person (could be an advisor like Jase aswell) in all channels of communication within Near Reality. This way the owner could focus on the future steps, discuss them with the business IT person and he can schedule it in a logical sequence with the developers. Not all at once, no new content at the wrong time while bugs are out, but find a balance in the wishes from the community and the time from the developers.

It does require some organizational changes which is usually different, but as seen, communication keeps getting mentioned as a big issue. Of course there's some issues I'm not aware of that keeps this bottleneck up. But don't think in problems, think in solutions.

Amen

Also more testing needs to be done, every update makes new bugs 

Edited by L 00 t 4 lif

Unread
  (#209842)
Default Friday 30th July, 2021, 21:21
  • [IMPORTANT] There needs to be at least 1 staff member to take on the role of "Mouth of Jacmob". He will have Jacmob's and/or Heaven's phone number & Discord PMs on speed-dial, and will relay information from them to the community via Discord. If I'm being nice, the communication from the higher-ups is a solid 2 out of 10. Idk if you guys have noticed, but Discord general chat is a fuckin warzone, and communication is the #1 reason why. Between the false promises, the blatant lies, the missed deadlines, the silent treatments, (this list could go on for a long time) - NR needs someone competent in communication to answer the community's questions. I know the Discord is pretty toxic, but that's the byproduct of all of the above.

• Automated tournaments are pretty cool tbh. I'd say most people like getting paid in 07 gp, so tournaments are a decent way of getting people to play. However, like @sulyvahnx said, manual payout isn't very efficient. There's a part of me that feels like the payout promises are going to overstep what NR is actually willing to pay out. Since the player base is practically at 0, I'd suggest reducing the frequency of tournaments right now. Literally a handful of people are doing them, and your strongest advertising ammunition is going to waste. 

• In other words: Advertise first -> Get a player base -> Then do tournaments.

• Idk if the FFA system is working, but I miss it. FFAs were fun. Maybe do automated FFAs too. Slap a chest at ::home where people can dump items in and they can be raffled off in the automated FFAs. 

• Get Group Ironman working. I'd say the majority of people left in the game are pretty rich, considering the fact that the economy has come to a complete halt after the eco reset. Not much of a drive to keep going. Also, I'm sure a lot of us play NR with an IRL friend or two. Group Iron doesn't need a good economy for it to be fun. I'm under the impression that it was working, so is it that hard to get working again?

• I also suggest you ask yourselves questions like, "why is Raids dead?", or "why is Nightmare dead?". Well, there's no players and the drop rates suck balls. And they're buggy. Like many have said - focus on bug fixing for a while. If ToB releases with bugs as bad as the other two, I'm afraid we'll have 3 pieces of dead/exploited end-game content. 

• As far as I know, it's not too difficult to import newer OSRS assets into the game. I'd suggest snagging some of the new slayer helmets and put them in the game, if possible. Get creative.

• Maybe add the Zuk helm that is also BIS outside of slayer.

• Or make the Twisted helm a drop from CoX that gives 5-10% more dmg against dragons or something.  

• Vampyric helm as a drop from ToB with a weak soul split effect.

• Armour/weapon dye is also another good way to take items out of the econ. Just like RS3, make an item untradeable after it is dyed.
Edited by Dontos

Unread
  (#209850)
Default Saturday 31st July, 2021, 00:21

• [IMPORTANT] There needs to be at least 1 staff member to take on the role of "Mouth of Jacmob". He will have Jacmob's and/or Heaven's phone number & Discord PMs on speed-dial, and will relay information from them to the community via Discord. If I'm being nice, the communication from the higher-ups is a solid 2 out of 10. Idk if you guys have noticed, but Discord general chat is a fuckin warzone, and communication is the #1 reason why. Between the false promises, the blatant lies, the missed deadlines, the silent treatments, (this list could go on for a long time) - NR needs someone competent in communication to answer the community's questions. I know the Discord is pretty toxic, but that's the byproduct of all of the above.

• Automated tournaments are pretty cool tbh. I'd say most people like getting paid in 07 gp, so tournaments are a decent way of getting people to play. However, like @sulyvahnx said, manual payout isn't very efficient. There's a part of me that feels like the payout promises are going to overstep what NR is actually willing to pay out. Since the player base is practically at 0, I'd suggest reducing the frequency of tournaments right now. Literally a handful of people are doing them, and your strongest advertising ammunition is going to waste. 

• In other words: Advertise first -> Get a player base -> Then do tournaments.

• Idk if the FFA system is working, but I miss it. FFAs were fun. Maybe do automated FFAs too. Slap a chest at ::home where people can dump items in and they can be raffled off in the automated FFAs. 

• Get Group Ironman working. I'd say the majority of people left in the game are pretty rich, considering the fact that the economy has come to a complete halt after the eco reset. Not much of a drive to keep going. Also, I'm sure a lot of us play NR with an IRL friend or two. Group Iron doesn't need a good economy for it to be fun. I'm under the impression that it was working, so is it that hard to get working again?

• I also suggest you ask yourselves questions like, "why is Raids dead?", or "why is Nightmare dead?". Well, there's no players and the drop rates suck balls. And they're buggy. Like many have said - focus on bug fixing for a while. If ToB releases with bugs as bad as the other two, I'm afraid we'll have 3 pieces of dead/exploited end-game content. 

• As far as I know, it's not too difficult to import newer OSRS assets into the game. I'd suggest snagging some of the new slayer helmets and put them in the game, if possible. Get creative.

• Maybe add the Zuk helm that is also BIS outside of slayer.

• Or make the Twisted helm a drop from CoX that gives 5-10% more dmg against dragons or something.  

• Vampyric helm as a drop from ToB with a weak soul split effect.

• Armour/weapon dye is also another good way to take items out of the econ. Just like RS3, make an item untradeable after it is dyed.

We have been speaking internally about having a sort of a spokesperson so myself and the development team can operate efficiently. I understand a lot of your concerns, and I plan to address them very soon. I believe Nightmare is in a much better standing, but for CoX it was touched by many developers and it's something Heaven will have to address, but I need to know exactly what is buggy regarding it. I love the idea of the new Slayer Helmets, I already have plans regarding this with a unique new update of our own (Wilderness/Combat Achievements). I also plan to revamp the entire Achievement system as well.

Unread
  (#209873)
Default Saturday 31st July, 2021, 19:52

We have been speaking internally about having a sort of a spokesperson so myself and the development team can operate efficiently. I understand a lot of your concerns, and I plan to address them very soon. I believe Nightmare is in a much better standing, but for CoX it was touched by many developers and it's something Heaven will have to address, but I need to know exactly what is buggy regarding it. I love the idea of the new Slayer Helmets, I already have plans regarding this with a unique new update of our own (Wilderness/Combat Achievements). I also plan to revamp the entire Achievement system as well.

Nice. Nightmare does feel a bit better. I've only tried soloing so far but totems are much better than before. There was one bug I encountered recently where the North East totem didn't get completed once it was fully charged.

As for CoX, it's pretty good other than the pathing, and difficulty of Olm solo. Soloing is just not viable at all, even with max gear. Olm hits damn hard through good gear, and the pathing + client quirks make it very tough to dodge mechanics. At the moment, you pretty much need to duo it and abuse a duo-only safespot (which just prevents Olm from targeting anyone, which I'm sure you know about). I wouldn't even call it bug abuse, as it's the only way to really enjoy the content. If that gets fixed, Olm needs a nerf. 

And glad you like the slayer helms. I could see the Zuk helm being a good PKP store item. Not that PKers would want it, but it would give PVMers another reason to buy PKP, which would encourage PKers to go make more PKP (thus making more people PK).

I think NR is one of the few servers that has potential to balance PVP and PVM. Just gotta plan out a proper ecosystem that allows the two to co-exist. E.x., PVMers get boss drops valuable to PKers -> PVMers sell them to PKers -> PVMers want BIS PVM items from PKP shops -> PVMers need PKP from PKers -> PKers see an opportunity to make gold, so they go make PKP. Then you have a nice cycle. 

At the root of the game, it's not a secret that most people play for the cashout potential. All our goals are to get rich and put some cash away on 07. Some want to do that by PVMing, some by PKing, very rarely is it both. So, try to make an economy that makes both styles complement each other rather than making them exclusive to each other (the rigour/augery scrolls were a good idea). 

Unread
  (#209876)
Default Saturday 31st July, 2021, 21:33

Don't kick people from discord for saying that paying someone 200m to find bugs is a useless suggestion because they won't be fixed anyway

Or alternatively pay people 200m for each bug they find